Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"

Monty,

Thank you for adding that.  I have been presuming that this only occurs when the group message originates from an iPhone.  Since you have the same issue with two Android's, maybe it's the receiving phone that matters.

BTW, since the latest update to the app, Message+ now crashes repeatedly when trying to download a group message.  I have to delete the thread to make it stable.  It seems like this should be something that works.  Anyone have any suggestions on alternative apps for SMS/MMS messaging?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your device working correctly at all times to stay connected monty6, we'll be glad to help. Have you made any recent software updates to your device?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
jasoncim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue right now.  It has happened to me many times and every time it's when I get a bunch of group texts at the same time, they all just say "downloading" and take forever (hours sometimes) to go through.  Typically they finally break through together all at the same time and I get them all at once.  This happens whether I'm connected to wifi or not.  This has happened to me on the galaxy s6 previously, and now on the note 9.  This is a long standing issue...will you PLEASE fix it?  We are getting locked out of conversations and it is very frustrating.

Graey

I had the same problem. I rebooted my phone and it went away. I have seen others say to clear the cache in Message+ (or whatever app you're using; all I've seen is problems with Message+). If mine does it again, I will try that. Hope that works for you.

0 Likes
zimmtoo

tlloyd22 - unfortunately I have a 4G LTE booster and same thing happens.  Wifi or cell service.  😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zimmtoo - Thank you for the information you provided. Seeing text messages stuck in a downloading state is a pain we don't want you to have and we want to fix this. Have you asked the sender of the text message if on their phone it says sending or sent? Also, are you able to browse the internet and use your apps when the text messages are in a downloading state.

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
DougP2
Enthusiast - Level 1

My issue happens in Message+ on a Galaxy S8. It ususally involves group messages that include iPhones. The responses to the group come back individually (not to the group) and frequently just say Downloading with no other information. Like others have said, they sometimes come in later. Usually, part of the group responses come to the group and do not get stuck and show Downloading. Very annoying.

rj12

Same issue.  Galaxy S8.  Started after latest Android update.  Messages from iPhone and Android platforms in group chat get stuck in the "downloading" status.  I have taken all recommended actions in this thread.  Nothing works.  I discovered this problem in the worst possible way: when trying to connect with friends during a festival weekend.  I wouldn't get any messages and then run into one of the people in the thread who has been trying to find me for a meet up -- look at the phone and a bunch of messages "downloading" and no notification.   I just cannot tolerate this problem - I need to know to fix it right now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DougP2,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your group messaging with Messages+. I rely on my messages too and I'll be happy to get this fixed for you. Can you tell me when this first started? You mentioned that this happens with iPhones. Can you tell me if this happens in a group message without iPhones? Have you tried to erase any previous group messages and test this when you start a new group message?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you so much for bringing this to our attention rj12. We never want you to miss out on any important messages while waiting for it to download. Can you share your current software version on your phone? Do you have the same experience if you are in a group chat when all other iPhones devices are included that you can recall? Do you notice a difference when connecting to Wi-Fi or Cellular data? CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes