Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
iowatech
Enthusiast - Level 1

I see by the sudden activity on this thread today that I am not alone.  Just started receiving these messages today.  I have not blocked anybody recently and haven't done a system update.  Verizon needs to fix this problem.  Very annoying.  Not impressed.

Michellebg1212

I got this text last week and one again today.  I block multiple numbers a day (all spam calls) so who knows what number it may be.  I don't remember doing an update or anything out of the ordinary.  I don't have a prepaid plan and I have a samsung galaxy s10 plus.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one dealing with this issue.  I sure hope verizon gets this fixed.

0 Likes
Damar15k
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received this text today from ME!  I contacted Apple support, and this is not an iPhone issue. I have not done an upgrade OR blocked anyone recently. Using an iPhone 7 plus. This is definitely a much larger issue for Verizon.  

Verizon:  it appears your customer list was hacked, and now fraudsters are spoofing our cell numbers. My bet...all of these messages, if not from the owners cell number, are probably sourcing back to only Verizon cell customers!  Absolutely not acceptable and Verizon needs to fix this NOW!

crazet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe this is correct on two fronts: Today, someone called me and said I had called their number but didn't leave a message. I had not called them, nor did their number show in my "Recent Calls" list. Someone had spoofed my number. Secondly, my wife's phone (all on the same family plan) is getting the "insufficient funds ..." message. Her messages are for her own phone number, so there is no 3rd party number to block / unblock.

vcve1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same texts as well. This is ridiculous- and the automated answer that Verizon keeps giving is not cutting it either. So what do we need to do to get this fixed? Thank you.

TEVNWrdt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received 2 of these messages today as well...  I am on a work text group and they both came in after receiving a text from that group.  No one is blocked in the group and I don't get a text back from my own number with this message after every text I get from the group so don't think there is a true correlation...  Verizon- please FIX THIS!!!

nmbutler

Same here 😞

0 Likes
ChrisFurman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've also started getting this message today as well. 2 times so far. Haven't blocked anyone recently. Using a Samsung Galaxy S10. 

wfels99

I have the same situation! Someone texted me saying "cant talk right now" and I have no clue who they are. They texted me again yesterday asking what I want and said they have a call from me. I told them it sounded like a hack and I didnt lnow who they are. I then blocked their number and am now getting this text from "myself" several times today. 

0 Likes
mweinstock314
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've just started getting these this week. Not frequently, just two in three days. As others have mentioned, the message is coming from me (supposedly). I have not blocked anyone recently, though I do have several numbers blocked (the call spamming has made my phone useless as a phone). 

Pixel 3XL on Android 10 using Textra as texting app on a standard all you can eat plan. But none of that seems to be relevant, as people are getting this across devices, plans, and OSes. This is clearly an issue with SMS. It's been going on for months. How can Verizon not know why? Are you not able to trace the source for these texts?

0 Likes