Messages to vxwpix quit working
JeffBlan

I have a website we use while playing golf that sends out a text message to all users on the list when ever someone gets a birdie.

This has been working for over a year now without any issues.

Starting a few weeks ago, the users who have a Verizon phone (including me), quit recieving these text messages. Other users who have other carriers are working just fine.

The app is sending text via email to their PH#@vzwpix.com through a gmail account I have.

What is strange is if I run a test through the application on my local PC (the system I develop the app on), it is working fine. I recieve messages on my Verizon phone.

If I publish the website to my hosting provider, that same code and logic sends the messages to the non-Verizon users but not for Verizon users.

I even tried to setup an AWS server to post the emails through a different IP address to see if the IP from the current hosing provider was being blocked somehow but that did not work either.

I've checked all the public blacklists and neither IP address is on a blacklist anywhere. I can't figure out why the text are only getting sent to my users when I'm on my local machine when I'm testing my development.

Again this all worked fine for over a year and it suddenly quit working a few months ago.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Jeff

0 Likes