I have no issue using Verizon Messages (Message+) on a ASUS ZenWatch 2. The installation method of Message+ on the watch is a bit unusual, but once installed you can send and receive texts on your watch (at least until VZ breaks it again)! In case it matters I am using VS Messages: Last updated Apr 19, 2019.
To install VZ Messages (Message+) on the watch you have to follow these steps:
- Using the Play Store (under My apps & games -> INSTALLED), select and uninstall VZ Messages from you phone (and uninstall Message+from you watch if it's installed, but not working). Note: This only uninstalls the latest VZ Message update from your phone, it does not completely remove VZ Messages, which is fine (You will not lose any text messages and/or contacts)!
- Next I restarted both the phone and watch, just to clear memory, but that is optional (it does not hurt though)!
- On both the phone and watch goto the Play Store, and on your phone select VZ Messages, you should have an UPDATE button. Click this UPDATE button. Immediatly switch to your watch which should already be in the Play Store, swipe down (aka scroll up), to the TOP of the Play Store until you see the Home screen, on that screen select the center icon (head+shoulders, account icon) that brings you to the Accounts screen. Select the account you already use for the Play Store, this refreshes the Play Store list on the watch. You are put back into the Play Store app list, scroll down to "Apps on your phone" you will have the Message+ entry with a download icon! Of course select the download icon! (Note: Yes you are doing all this while the update is downloading/installing on you phone, because the option to install Message+ on you watch is only shown while your phones VZ Messages app is being updated!) Put he watch aside for now.
- Let the phone VZ messages update completed and next Open/Start VZ Messages, you get a couple setup/introduction screens you have to go thru before you get the "Services Starting" message. Let these services start (they are needed to complete the watch setup later)! Once you get to the VZ Messages home screen you should have the list of all your contacts and message history. Put the phone aside.
- On your watch, let the Message+ install complete, then (VZ Messages is all setup on your phone, right?) start the Message+ watch app. You'll get an empty Message+ screen on your watch, and then a couple of popups requesting access to SMS/Contacts/... Approve/Allow this access on your watch and once that is complete Message+ should start showing you the same screen as VZ Messages shows on your phone!
You did it, Message+ is working on your watch!
GOOD NEWS!!... I just checked my tablet about an hour ago, and found out that the Integrated Calling Feature within the Verizon Message App has been reactivated. So Verizon using can now make phone calls from their tablet using their Verizon Number.......
Thank You Verizon for your Help!! 😀
Well... I could only find Pulse Messenger - which only works as a replacement for Message+ (as far as I can tell). I also tried the suggestion from jdhatpha to uninstall the updates for M+ on my phone... but this also did not work because in my instance the base M+ on my phone is already too high a version to allow install to the watch.
What does seem to be working for me is an app called Informer Wear by Komparato. I had to pay for the premium version (5 bucks!) to allow me to add M+ as an app it listens for.
I also tried Messages for Wear by Appfour. This worked for individual messages but it does not recognize group texts. I reported that as an issue to them.
Did the Messages for Wear by AppFour app allow you to view texts and get text alerts from Verizon Messages? So far, I have been able to sideload the app onto my watch (using ADB instructions I found online). I've gotten Verizon Messages onto my watch, but when I open it, the screen just goes white and never actually opens the app. Then, it just reverts back to my watch face. I'm thinking that I have to change the app version to something older, like from June 2017 and load that to my watch. (If that doesn't work, maybe I would have to download an older version on my phone - which I'm not sure how to do, yet.) What do you all think about this?
Does Informer Wear show you actual texts from Verizon Messages on your watch?
(I am using an LG Watch Urbane.)
I also have an Urbane (and a Note 8). Yes, messages for wear did get texts to my Urbane - for single party texts. No group text messages went to my watch. I loaded that app on my phone and watch from the store and it worked fine - for individual texts only.
This paid version of Informer Wear looks to be working for all texts - group or individual. The texts go to my phone via Message+ and then end up on my watch as an Informer notice. It also has an option to reply from the watch - I think maybe that's NOT working, but I dont care. I just want to read the text. If I want to reply I will use my phone.
I have a few questions for: jdhatpha:
I have The LG Watch Sport running on the latest Wear OS Update...
#1 - The Verizon Plus App isn't even visible on my watch, so I'm not even given the option of uninstalling the App because it's not visible....What should I do in this case?
#2 - When I go into the playstore from my watch, I dont see "ANY" Verizon Apps listed to be downloaded onto my watch....What should I do?
Any insight on this matter would be Greatly Appreciated.....
Well, I now have Verizon Messages and Hangouts working as they did before, with notifications.
I have written out the steps below. I don't 100% know if they are in order or they even need to be in an order. But, it took a lot of playing around, and I got them both to show me text notifications as they did before.
Watch IP Address: 192.XXX.X.XXX:5555 (Find Your Watch's Specific Number)
Download Verizon Messages Mirror Version 6.6.7
Download Hangouts Mirror Version: 26.0.20
Uninstall Apps From Phone
Uninstall Apps From Watch
Install App (One at A Time) On Watch Via Sideloading
Disconnect Watch From ADB
Install Old (Mirrors) Versions On Phone
Go Into Play Store On Watch & Install Apps From Phone (One at A Time)
Turn Off Auto-Update On Each App On Your Phone
Turn Off Auto-Update In Your Watch's Play Store