Re: Message Plus not syncing with windows 10
salindley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having the same issue with Message+ on Windows 10 for some time now.

1) Messages I send from my phone don't show up in the Windows app

2) Messages I have read on my phone don't get marked as "read" in the app

3) Contacts updated on my phone either don't show up as updated in the app, or they take hours or even days for the changes to appear

There seems to be some major issues with the app sync-ing with Verizon's servers. There are no error messages displayed by either the Android or Windows versions of the apps. If there is some form of logging that can be enabled, I am unaware of it but would be glad to enable and sent to the appropriate development team.

I am running the latest apps on both my phone and on Windows 10:

Phone: 6.9.6

Windows 10: 2.0.2.0

It appears that Verizon has known about this issue for some time. It is very disappointing to me that this issue is apparently not receiving any attention. The Windows app has been at version 2.0.2.0 for quite some time, making it appear that no updates to the app have even been attempted, much less successful.

Please advise as to the level of attention that Verizon has focused on this issue.

Thank you,

Scott L and Family

ALABAT31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did Verizon take down the Verizon Messenger Windows 10 App? I no longer see it on Windows Store site or Verizons website.

I assume they gave up. I have been using the App on and off when on my Windows PC upstairs. It no longer connects. There appears to be no troubleshooting info really out there as to the issue or a fix. The app itself is pretty basic in terms of settings. 

0 Likes
Traveljar

Thanks for updating us on 11-21-2019.

Get the app working Verizon!

0 Likes
Michae
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a workaround: don't use Message+ on your phone!  I just tried sending a message using the Android Messages application and it showed up on my Windows 10 Message+.  A message from the PC does not appear on the phone.  However, if you create a contact in the PC application, Me, for example, and include yourself in a group message and select that recipients only reply to you, that works too.  Group conversations, where you want to reply to everyone, may result in the messages appearing twice on both your phone and PC.  I don't have an iPhone, so I cannot test it there.

0 Likes
Michae
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, that workaround above does not work well.  New messages sometimes do not go to the PC and messages sent from the phone come in with a screwy recipient phone number.  The web application is not consistent either, sometimes not letting you start the "Text Online" and sometimes booting you out, especially when choosing "Stay Signed In" from the Messages menu.  

0 Likes
JLPBMA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to pile on (since that probably wouldn't change anything) but this is my situation too.  The desktop APP was a wonderful thing, and now it is not.  I am running v2.0.2.0 on my Windows 10 PC (Windows Pro, 64 bit version) and have been foir years but it stopped being reliable this year.  I hope there is a fix, as I have no cell service at my home so rely on the wifi option with Message+

Jeff P

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JLPBMA. We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with the Verizon Message+ desktop app. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that any issues are resolved. Can you please describe the issues that you are experiencing with this application? How long has this been happening? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
parfu2

Just read the thread, Brad A. 

And please help fix this.

Thanks.

0 Likes
rechmbrs
Enthusiast - Level 3

This app is no longer available because it is broken.

I communicated with Ronan Dunne, Executive Vice President and Group CEO—Verizon Consumer, and he had two of his aides to contact me.  Both agreed that this app is no longer available but is being worked on by their IT group.  They did not have a date for a fix.  Their recommendation is to use the web browser version of Message+.  After login to MyVerizon go to Account>Text Online for the browser version.  It is not fully working either but most of your Texts will sync.

@vzw_customer_support   please read the tech reports supplied to you on this subject.

RONC

pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Back to the garbage again!  As badly and inconsistently the original (not MS store) M+app is working, it still functions far better than the attrocious M+ web page.  The web page misses piles of messages, constantly disconnects or logs out.  And for whoever doesn't know, this insanity has been going on at least since August 2019.  Or was that 2018?  No clue who did what at Verizon to so badly break their messaging systems, but you'd think they could have fixed them by now.