PC- How to Use Messages+ on your desktop PC
NOTE- If you are using a work PC, and not getting messages, then the app is likely blocked by your company's firewall.
We cannot troubleshoot this issue unfortunately.
Verizon Wireless customers can use the Messages+ app on 1 mobile phone and 4 additional devices.
PC VERSIONS - Which one is right for you?
(Go to Main Menu>About to find your app version.)
1) Windows Vista & Windows 7 - (Desktop only )– install the app (Version 188.8.131.52) from the link below.
Uso lo 'Download Desktop App' button on the Verizon Wireless website.
IF the app does not run automatically, CHECK THIS: Go to the properties of the download;
On the 'compatibility' tab select windows 7 or 8.1 and run in compatibly mode.
2) Windows 8.1 users (Desktop and Tablet Only)– install the app (Version 184.108.40.206) in the Windows store.
3) Windows 10 users (Desktop and Tablet Only)– use the Windows 10 app (Version 220.127.116.11) in the Windows store.
4) Windows 10 users (Desktop, Tablet and Phone )– Expected Fall 2016 (Version 18.104.22.168) in the Windows store.
ONCE YOU INSTALL THE APP: security code will be sent to your mobile phone with directions. The code is used to link your devices together.
How to get your MOBILE CONTACTS onto your PC app :
1- Backup your contacts on your phone to your VZ Cloud account on your phone. Then, on the PC, select CONTACTS in Main Menu (3bars) to import your contacts.
IF this does not work for you...
If your Google or other contacts do NOT load to the Tab/PC you can imported them. BELOW are steps that will help you import contacts to the Tablet and Desktop.
HOW TO IMPORT MOBILE CONTACTS to your PC/Tablet
First, back up your contacts on the phone to your FREE VZ Cloud account. VZ Cloud is pre loaded to your phone, or you can download it from Play Store.
For Contacts that do not automatically port, you will need to export the contacts file from the mobile's native address book onto the desktop then to your VZ Cloud account. Once the contacts are in your VZ Cloud account, they will import to your Verizon Messages desktop program:
- Connect the mobile device to the PC > If prompted, select Media Device (MTP) or Mass Storage on the device
- From the device, navigate to the Address Book.
- Menu key > Import / Export > Export to USB storage (note this may vary by manufacturer)
- From the PC, find your phone icon under My Computer > Search for VCF file, usually in root directory
- Copy this file to your desktop/or documents library
Now, Go to www.myverizon.com to import the contacts:
- Log in to (or create) your Verizon Wireless account
- The screen header will show 'Shop', 'Support' and 'My Verizon'. HOVER over 'My Verizon' > then HOVER over My Device> then Select 'My Cloud Media and Contacts'
- You are now in your Cloud Account.
- Select ‘Contacts’ in the Left column
- Click on the Add icon (person icon with a plus sign)
- Click on 'Choose file'
- Choose Contacts.vcf file, then Open
- Contacts should be updated within 5-10 mins
- Go to Main Menu> Contacts on the Desktop to see contacts.
VERIZON MESSAGES FAQ: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/
To aliem_vzw :
While we appreciate the desktop app, it does use a lot of RAM, and is rather slow on a 12gb core i7 laptop. WHich leads me to believe it is only a 32-bit application, preventing it from accessing larger amounts of RAM to run smoother. While it is compatible with a 64-bit operating system, it is not optimized for a 64-bit system. Why not create a second version that is 64-bit only, so it can access more RAM so it can run smoother on 64-bit systems?
I end up using the webapp because it is so much more faster than "messages +" desktop app. I'm simply suggesting an idea that would greatly speed up the desktop application.
Nice app, for a short while. I can't stay continuously logged in (kids), so I log in each morning, and log out when the kids return from school. Today though, I clicked the button to receive the 6-digit pin, typed it into the Messaging app on my PC, and got a message saying invalid PIN. I had typed it correctly. Tried 4 more times. Tried a reboot and tried again. No luck. UNINSTALL.
There seems to be a conflict between the Windows 10 version of the app, and Covenant Eyes filter. Are there specific servers I should be adding to my "allow list"? Oddly enough I don't have this issue with the Windows 7 version of the app on the same PC!
I need to use Verizon Messages+ (called Verizon Messages in the Microsoft store) on my "WINDOWS7" PC. Verizon doesn't support/make available a version for Windows 7, so I guess I need to find an older version of this APP? i saw in this post that Version 22.214.171.124 runs on WINDOWS 7, so do I just need to find that old version somewhere & download & install it?
I know i can use the WEB APP version of this, but I need to have all my text messages locally on my PC because ...
Can someone please tell me where I can find & download Version 126.96.36.199 ?
Thanks in advance for any help!
PC- Where to find the old version of Verzion Messages+ on your desktop PC
1) Windows Vista & Windows 7 - (Desktop only )- install the app (Version 188.8.131.52) from the bottom link below. The first link is to find Spiceworks.com link ehich will lead you to the second link.
Uso lo 'Download Desktop App' button, not the old version on the Verizon Wireless website.
You can find the old version link through the Spiceworks.com website:listed at the bottom of their page, or go to the direct link I have below.
- computadora de escritorio
- desktop messages +
- direct link
- mensaje +
- mensajes +
- messages plus
- old pc
- old version
- older laptop
- verizion faq
- windows 10
- windows 7
- windows vista
- windows xp