Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

As long as I've been complaining about these issues; this is probably  THE 1ST TIME  that a Rep actually responded with  some helpful information....Thank you very much for your help, I will email the App Developers right away.

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

If anyone else is interested in contacting the Verizon Message App Developers to complain about the compatibility issues with Wear OS and the Disabling of Intergrated Calling; just copy and paste the email address below and email them your complaint (I already sent mine).  Hopefully, if enough complaints are sent, then maybe these issues will get resolved.

VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

EMISCH72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got this response when I contacted my watch developer (Mobvoi) with this issues

"Our engineering team have contacted the Google team about the compatibility of this app. They told us they will contact Verizon. The problem is with the app. They will fix this problem in next version. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Best regards,
The Mobvoi support team"

II have emailed the verizonmessages app email a few times, and have just gotten a generic response both times so far I have sent an email.

Doesn't really solve anything, but some more information at least.

cynkron
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called on this again today.  I was told that it's a known issue and that they (Veronica) will contact the network team and include her supervisor.   Nine months later is obscene for this issue to not be resolved, and given that they would have gotten advance notice from Google about the Android Wear OS update before it was rolled out, we're likely talking about a year or more lag in addressing this issue.

FYI - I paid for a lifetime license for Pulse (an independent text syncing app) and had nothing but problems with the syncing being inconsistent or breaking.  Numerous emails back and forth with the (very nice) developer with instructions to reset and resync and reinstall would seem to fix the problem in the short term but never in the long term.  I couldn't trust the syncing and would have to go looking across devices for missing texts.  NOT a solution.  

FYI2:  I have a Moto 360 Sport, which is still a supported device.  I've been told by various "techs" at Verizon that it was because of the age of my watch, but my watch is still getting updates (up to yesterday, in Jan 2019) and this issue is true of all Android Wear devices on Verizon, even ones purchased today.  This is a very big failure on Verizon's part.  What is a phone without texts, and having to choose between text notifications and text syncing (which I use ALL THE TIME) across devices is untenable.   Verizon Messages / text syncing is one of the biggest reasons I stay with Verizon, it's that valuable to me.  Verizon is selling expensive smart watches today and not supporting them.  VERY DISRESPECTFUL TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, VERIZON.

I have been a Verizon customer since 2000 (19 years).  I pay a lot for this service that I could get cheaper through an NVMO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) except they don't do text syncing.  Really, it's like that.

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I feel your pain and agree with you.....Sorry to hear about your issues with the Pulse SMS App.  But until Verizon fixes these issues, this is our only option to receive text messages on our smartwatches (Other than buying a Samsung Smartwatch.....Maybe that's what Verizon really wants...HHhhmm?).  I haven't had any issues with the Pulse App because I stopped doing updates on my smartwatch.  It basically made no sense for me to do any Wear OS updates on my watch, because the updates never corrected the issues with the Verizon Messsge + App.  So I decided not to do any updates, which resulted in no issues with the Pulse App.  I would recommend, everyone to do the same.

Verizon claims they will enable Integrated Calling at a later date, but they NEVER gave a date when.  As for making their Message Plus App compatible with Wear OS; I haven't heard anything from Verizon on that issue (still waiting on a Rep for an update).  From what I can tell, Verizon doesn't seem interested in addressing either of these issues at this time.  I believe, that this is because they are in a HEATED RACE with AT&T to establish a 5G Network. So Verizon is pouring all of their resources into getting this done; so fixing these other issues is an AFTERTHOUGHT....Hopefully I'm wrong in my belief, but I'm probably Not!!...If the Bean Counters at Verizon were actually looking at the current sales of smartwatches, they would realize that this is a Booming Industry and it would be in their best interest  to correct these issues so that they will continue their Soaring Profits.

All Verizon Reps and Moderators are welcome to chime in at anytime with an update or info on any of these issues...Thanx!

simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Like JOG0277​, I feel your pain too. The Pulse app isn't too consistent, reliable, and/or real-time. But, then again, in its defense, it wasn't really made for an OS like a smartwatch (Wear OS) and a device like a smartwatch (which doesn't necessarily maintain its own signal, but connects to the phone for alerts, data, and other sync'd things)...But, as you have been saying, use Verizon Message+ users and Fossil Wear OS users don't have any other option....

0 Likes
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel you on this too Jog...but I've come to the line of thinking that there have been 2 MAJOR Wear OS updates (the big 2.1 update [that supposedly broke the originally working Message+ app on Wear OS] that streamlined a lot of the native app and other 3rd party app comparability -- ironic that it made our messaging app not work -- as well as what is being called the "H update" which is supposed to really help battery life and processing [CPU {on our very outdated Snapdragon 2100} tweaking I believe]) that it's hard to put off and ignore the potential benefits just to keep the verizon text messaging compatibility capability.

In the end, it's a really garbage situation (as we've all expressed) with very limited options and hard decisions making too much "compromises" being necessary it seems where it seems that, either way, you're losing (something)...

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

cynkron
Enthusiast - Level 2

What you're missing about Pulse is that I started using it the first time in April of 2018 because Verizon Message plus was having its own syncing problems, not because of the watch as I wasn't using the watch then.  I then had even worse syncing problems with Pulse, worked with Luke (the developer) to try all the things, which never solved the problem and were a lot of work and lost me texts.  I kept trying for a couple of months, continuing to check in with Luke.  I was not syncing with my watch at this time so it was not a factor.  I was syncing across two windows machines (a win7 desktop and a win10 laptop), an Android phone (S7) and an Android tablet (Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2) and it was never reliable.  Luke gave up trying to help as I think it's a small project for him and he wasn't able to (or interested in) resolving the syncing problem.  Message Plus started syncing again reliably (it always synced, just not reliably) so I went back to it.  The watch problem is newer to me because I just tried (again) to use my watch in November 2018 after not using it for a long time for other reasons, and in the meantime the watch os was updated.  Pulse isn't robust enough and doesn't have the support - fair enough, one guy shop - but Verizon has millions of customers who all text, some large number of them are or will be android wear watch wearers who want texts on their watches AND synced across other devices.  They should be big enough to get this done if they put their will behind it.

0 Likes
psmith9896
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just for the record I tried to install the pulse app today(one of the eariler post said you could still leave message+ default) to get my watch text working and it says it cannot be used on the phone unless it is the default message app. Another dead end, like someone else said I'm a 15+ year Verizon customer and this is getting close to intolerable. Months this has drug on.

0 Likes
simplepinoi177
Enthusiast - Level 2

From my experience, i had to initially choose the pulse app to be the default message app at the very first in the beginning. It then has permission to set up syncing and all of that. Immediately after, I changed it back to Message+ or anything else, but the pulse app would still send the new texts to my smartwatch, even if it wasn't the default messaging app on my phone. I think that's all it's calling for. Just the initial access making it the default gives it, then you can change it back but the pulse app would still have configured things to continue working -- it most likely has something to do with the way it "syncs" the messages across "all devices (including computers)" and just needs to set certain things up intially, then you could supposedly go on using your own preferred afterwards...

hope this helps...

0 Likes