Re: Message + App, Still Not Campatible with Android Smartwatches
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

This has been an on going problem with Verizon since the beginning of 2018.  This issue affects All Android Smartwatches that are being used on the Verizon Network.  I have the LG Watch Sport Smartwatch (Model W280A) and I was using it on the Verizon Network.  I previously updated my smartwatch software to Android Wear Oreo (now called Wear OS).  Immediately after updating the software; the Verizon Message Plus App was no longer visible on my smartwatch. This resulted in me not being able to send or receive messages on my Watch.  I tried everything to correct the issue; I called customer service,  I uninstalled / reinstalled apps and I reset my watch; but nothing seemed to work.  Then I realized, that there is a Bug inside of the Android Wear Software that prevents the Verizon Message Plus App from working.  I've complained to Verizon on numerous occasions about this, but Verizon doesn't seem interested in solving the problem (see attached link below for additional Info).  As it stands now; there are no Android Smartwatches that will work on the Verizon Network due to this issue (Samsung Smartwatches are not Android Smartwatches)....If Verizon wants to contunue making a profit by selling android watches to their customers, then they need to fix this issue....Hopefully this time around, my discussion doesn't get  "Locked-Out"  by a Moderator and Verizon actually decides to solve this problem.

Issues with Verizon Message App on Andriod Wear Oreo