Re: Why am i getting the message 'no longer a participant'??
JAYNEW20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great, so now I have a new, even bigger problem. As I mentioned directly above, after reinstalling it had marked about a dozen messages as unread that were previously marked as read. I had to scroll through hundreds of conversations to find them so I could open and close each so they were again marked as read.

This is important for me as a busy professional because I have a BlackBerry KEYone that shows me with a "star" notification on the Message+ icon on the home screen when I have new unread text messages. I have no idea how other phones work but this is just a basic Android phone running Android 7 with minor custom enhancements by BlackBerry with this start notification feature being one.

(Note that even this has been a bug in Message+ for over six months now, in that it suddenly stopped showing that star when new texts came in. I was able to find a workaround on a BlackBerry forum by adding the Message+ widget to the home screen, which doesn't show the star but does show a little count indicator for the number of unread messages, which disappears when there are no unread messages.)

Since I uninstalled and reinstalled Message+ yesterday and then had to manually find the dozen-or-so messages that were marked unread when they were previously marked read, I thought I was okay and didn't see any issues through the rest of the evening. But today I woke to a few new messages and when I read them and they were marked as read I still had that indicator on the widget saying one was still unread. I had to scroll down to find a conversation that was months old that was now newly marked unread for no reason.

That made the widget indicator clear and show no unread messages.

Minutes later, I saw the indicator was now again showing unread messages -- 4 this time -- and again I had to scroll way down into history that was months old and sure enough another old conversation that had previously been marked as read was also marked as unread, which I had to open and close to change it.

These are now four bugs in Message+ for me in the recent few months (when 100% of the rest of my device works flawlessly and is always kept up to date; and I never do anything that is not pure, official, factory):

1. Stopped showing the star icon (unique to BlackBerry) on the Message+ icon on the home screen to indicate unread text messages (requiring me to find the workaround of adding the widget to the home screen).

2. Stopped putting me into the editable text field for typing a new message when I go to Reply to a conversation, and instead just putting me into the list mode requiring me to manually tap into the text field.

3. Marked a conversation as "You are no longer a participant" by itself and prevented me from texting this person until I uninstalled and reinstalled Message+.

4. After that reinstall, began randomly marking read messages/conversations as unread, requiring me to scroll through the whole list to find them (though if this persists to occur I'm chasing my tail and wasting my time).

0 Likes