how do I disable smart emojis?
dwallyworld
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a moto z play 2.

I don't really think that matters for this though.

I am using message+, however it is HIGHLY ANNOYING that I cannot find how to turn of the "smart icons" or smart text. Whatever it's called when the word is highlighted and it suggest an icon. I am not the best at keying on a phone, and more often than not it highlights a word I want to remove or edit, or prohibits me from accurately positioning where I want my cursor.

It appears I am on version 6.7.7.

how do I turn this feature off?

I saw another post about a smart icon setting checkbox, which does not exist on my version. That was a post from 2015 so probably the config setting was moved or removed.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: disable smart icons
dwallyworld
Enthusiast - Level 2

found it. From Message+ > hamburger menu > settings > CONVERSATION > Enable Smart Emojis : set to turn it off or on.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

@dwallyworld

I can definitely understand your frustrations with not being able to customize certain features on your Verizon Messages (Message+) application on your wireless device. I would love to assist you with making this change on your device.

If you’re referring to the “Smart Emojis” feature within the Message+ app, you can disable this feature by selecting the “Menu” key in the upper left corner of the Message+ app (3 horizontal lines), then Settings, then Conversations. Lastly, you can disable the “Enable Smart Emojis” switch. Let me know how that works out for you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Trsipe
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have this feature turned off, apparently you have to turn it on and back off again every time the app updates. I hope. It would be nice if it would just turn off and stay off, so I don't again email my commanding officer a stupid happy panda.