Re: Verizon message app doesnt work on my kindle fire
bmallabon1976
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon Customer Support

I have 2 identical Fire 10. The one that I bought and set up in January works perfectly with the Verizon Message App. The one I bought in September has the same problem as seen by other users in that it will not send the code to the phone. The only difference is when I install the app. The app also worked on two previous Fire 7 that we had, CONCLUSION: it would appear that Verizon, for some reason, between January and September, broke the app for Fire users.  The reason that there is no cell connection does not make sense since the app is does work on tablets without cell connections.

I have also tried installing the app from the Google store which is a newer version. That DOES send the message to the phone but it is sending a QR code. However, for some reason, the Messaging App will not read the QR code. A separate QR app does read the code without issue so the problem does not appear to be the Fire but the Message+ app.

Using a web browser to view messages on a tablet is not a reasonable solution as it is a not as convenient and loses a lot of features such as notifications.