Huawei M5
bgw23

Message+ app closes instantly on the Huawei M5.  Worked fine on my Lenovo tab 4.  Is there a compatibility issue with Android 8.0 on tablets?  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Huawei M5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re honored that you’ll be using Verizon Messages on the Huawei M5, bgw23. While we do not have any reports of compatibility issues with that os, we do want to stop the instant close out.

Here are steps for resetting the app on a Galaxy S9. The steps on your device should be similar: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216820/
What happens after resetting the Verizon Messages app?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
johnnyhowell

Me too - VZ Messages+ APP does not work Huawei Mediatab M5 (wifi only) 8gb/64gb Android 8.0

Hi David - can you assist me? I've previously used Vz Messages+ on a WiFi only ASUS tablet that ran Android 5.0, but for some reason, it will not run on my new Huawei M5. I've tried the suggestion from the VZ USER COMMUNITY, which tech suggested following these instructions found here:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216820/
What appeared when I followed these directions, then restarted the tablet, starting MESSAGES+ it asked for permissions for storage, phone calls, and something else, then momentarilly produced the following screen (attached), which I had to take a video of and get the exact frame, because it closed so fast. I thought there might be an error message, but no just this, and *bam* closes and returns to home screen. What else can I do to fix this? It goes this far and for a micro-second, I get this screen, without the ability to push the "Start Messaging" button shown.

Thanks, JOHNNYHOWELL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Have you engaged in any specific steps other than what's mentioned above? If so, please tell us what steps you've taken. If not, please start by uninstalling the application, then reinstalling such on your device.
AustinL_VZW 
If my response answered your questions please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures that others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
favsyd

Just got my new huawei m5 have the same problem Verizon messaging app will not work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

favsyd,

I'm sorry to hear that Verizon Messages isn't working on your Huawei M5. I rely on my messages too and I'll be happy to fix this. Can you tell me what happens when you try to use Verizon Messages? Are any other apps not working? 

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
svnonlinear

Same problem.. on my Huawei m5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svnonlinear,

We can relate to how important it is for your applications t work on your m5. Please describe what happens when you launch the application. Have you ever used Message+ on this device in the past?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes