Why Do My Text Messages Get Broken Up And Sent Out Of Order?
JettaCell

​Why when I send a text message of a certain size, the receiver ALWAYS receives it as several small text messages and they are out of order?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Do My Text Messages Get Broken Up And Sent Out Of Order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JettaCell,

We certainly understand how important those messages are and keeping them in order is a must. I experience the same issue with my phone and I noticed it after switching from an iPhone to an Android device. Are you only using Verizon Messages or another texting application? When did this begin with your device? What kind of phone do you have?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JettaCell

I have never used an iPhone.

I am only experiencing this problem only when using Verizon Messages application.

I was made aware of this problem in January 2017.

I have a Samsung S4.

The people that have this issue when receiving my messages generally have an iPhone, as far as which provider they use; I believe one of them is through Sprint and another uses Cricket and one is thru AT&T, I am not positive.

I too, encounter this problem when I receive text messages from the same people.

Please let me know if there is any more information you need from me.

Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, JettaCell, this is extremely helpful. As Verizon users we have the ability to use a service called enhanced messaging. This allows us to send longer text messages back and forth to each other in one single message. When messaging a user on other providers these messages get broken up into more than one message after the text limit provided by that carrier is reached and messages may arrive out of order as well.

When messaging users on another provider alternate applications can be used to send messages over data such as Facebook Messenger, Hangouts, etc. When using an app that sends messages over data these messages are not restricted by carrier text limits so longer messages are sent intact and not broken up into multiple messages.

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
matthoh

Can message plus be set up to send the text messages as data so other users don't get multiple messages broken up and out of order? Also why did this just start happening.  I never had this issue until just recently.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon Messages+ will automatically send the messages as data as long as you have that connection (3G/4G/5G/Wifi). 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the best for you and I apologize for the inconvenience regarding the split up messages. Message+ cannot be setup to automatically generate the message as an MMS which would allow more characters. Typically is you send a long message to another Verizon Wireless customer they will receive it properly. I can assure you we are sending these messages in the proper order but it is up to the other carrier to translate and deliver the message properly.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes