Re: Group Messages showing "Downloading"
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Roger... please read my other detailed posts. I have answered this question several times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies, Esjabe. Yes, all of those questions were answered. We don't have a way to turn down a neighbor's Network Extender. Especially if they want to leave their Extender open for anyone to use. As much as we wish that we had other alternatives for you. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome! Not.

So what you are saying is, my only option is to go out and buy a $250 Verizon Network Extender for my home so that I can make calls and send/receive texts on my $1000 Verizon phone?  

Sounds like this "feature" of trying to connect to a weak network extender signal,  which basically makes a phone worthless, is a planned feature to increase Verizon revenue.  Either that, or an incredibly poorly designed and tested feature.  Either way, its costing me time, money, and weeks of frustrating communications with my clients and associates. How about a $250 rebate check for the "solution"?

0 Likes
esjabe
Enthusiast - Level 3

So... I ended up buying a Verizon Network Extender, which solved all messaging and call issues.  I now have 5 bars all around the house!  Verizon Support called after the fact to offer options around the purchase.  I am here to say that Verizon Support was very profesional and courteous (Antonio C - thank you!) and resolved the situation to my satisfaction.

Please note that if you are still having issues (that are not resolved in this forum), you should call Verizon Support, reach out from their Facebook page, or contact them via Twitter @VZWSupport.  Know that this is not the end of the line when it comes to issues you may have with your Verizon device and you will recieve a more timely and focused effort to resolve your problem.

Cheers,
Steve

0 Likes
mschiff805
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem as others have described (MMS messages say downloading... and it is most often when someone in the group has an iPhone), however this is happening to both my wife and I inside the home AS WELL AS OUTSIDE THE HOME.  Wife has a Galaxy S8 Plus and I have the Galaxy S10.  Problem is the same on the Message+ app as well as the native Messages app that comes pre-installed.  I have tried it all - cleared cache, deleted partition, wifi on, wifi off, setting it to automatically download MMS messages when roaming, etc. etc. (litterally every suggestion I have read). 

Why does this tread appear to just end as if the problem has been resolved???  If I am having the same issues everyone else is having even when I am away from home, the solution is not the Verizon Network Extender.  It is sounding like the only solution is to switch to a different carrier other than Verizon since, non or my friends who have T-Mobile are having these issues.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to see you leave us, mschiff805. We want to help you with this messaging issue. You mentioned that you had both Message+ and the native messaging app on your device. Please uninstall Message+, then close all apps and restart the device. Then test the MMS messages. 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
dc321
Enthusiast - Level 1

This started happening after I got the Google Pixel 4 in October. Now it's starting to do it on any MMS. Photos and videos need to be manually downloaded and most of the time it takes over 30 minutes not more to download. One time it took overnight. 

0 Likes
Kungfumaster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue... In message+ says downloading... Only comes through if I reboot my phone. We have a network extender for the past 5 years (actually on our 3rd one). Happens on my ohone and my wife's phone, at home and out and about. I contacted Verizon support, very nice people but not very compitent. Today I get a text saying my issues have been resolved when they haven't. 

Super frustrated with Verizon.... After reading this thread, it's good to know it's not me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly would like to look into this further,dc321. What messaging application are you using? What ZIP code are you located in?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have your device to function as it is supposed to. We are here to help. Is the device and applications fully up to date? -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes