message+ pictures downloading
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are pictures getting stuck in message+?  Only shows "Downloading".  Sending or receiving MMS.  Have checked all the networking settings, 4G, data, wifi, restarted, etc etc etc... this is an issue and it happens over and over again, then one day out of the clear blue it starts working.  This is on VZW side so I want to know what is happening and will will it be fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message+ pictures downloading
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is also happening on the native messaging app.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are committed to getting to the bottom of why pictures are getting stuck in both Verizon Messages and the native app, Boricua3205. I’d like to know the make and model of the device you are using. I’ve experience messages being stuck when my device was in a power saving mode, so please check that power saving is off too.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S4, tried with power save off, no dice.I know it uses data but I have never had the need to keep my data turned on to receive mms.I don’t keep my data on, I have limited data and it’s too much drain on the battery.Again, I have never had to keep my data or WiFi on.

Thank you....

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need a 4G LTE data connection to download pictures from a text message?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boricua3205, we appreciate you providing us this helpful information. Please allow us to further go over the details. Multimedia messages (MMS) does require a data connection in order to receive/ download the MMS message that you receive.  Can you please let us know if you have had any trouble receiving/downloading a MMS message while your data is turned on?

Also, we understand the importance of making sure you have enough data to cover your usage needs. We would like the opportunity to explore your plan options. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that message. Thank you.  

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand what you say about data for mms, until recently I never had to flip on or off in order to receive mms messages.  Flipping it on or off was never a necessity and is a pain.

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have one now stuck at downloading and Data is ON.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Boricua3205,

Making sure that you can download those pictures in your texts are crucial. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you've done so far with us. Do you have the most updated version of the Verizon Messages + app? Please confirm this by going to the Play Store: http://vz.to/2kCCR9f Are all other functions of your service working? (Calls, data, regular texts?)

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Boricua3205
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have the most updated version.  And yet again right now stuck at downloading...  ugh!

0 Likes