phone won't send text messages
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having issues with my phone at times not sending my text messages.  I've turned my phone off several times and it still says sending.  I've had this issue for 2 days now.  I recently did the latest update that was available.  What is wrong and how do I fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: phone won't send text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using Verizon Messages?  If so, there are numerous threads on the forum with various issues reported due the last two updates.  A third update was released today, v.6.4.3.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am using Verizon Messages.  I checked for an update and it says that I'm current.  Will I receive this 3rd update today, tomorrow or next week maybe?

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You'll probably receive it later today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You had a great idea to start with trying to reboot your phone, ANGDAY99. I know how frustrating it is to be without your messages and appreciate your efforts and patience. As tikibar1 mentioned there have been a number of updates over the past few days for the Message+ application. Which model phone do you use? Have you been able to install the latest update to v6.4.3? Are you still running into the trouble with texting today?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest update is 6.4.4, released late last night:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I never received this update.  I still can't send messages to to my husband it's hung up which in turn means I can't send messages to anyone. I need to be able to text my husband and daughter.  My daughter is going through a rough time at the moment.

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

All I can find on my phone is I have this software upgrade which was done on Feb 1. G920VVRS4CQA3

0 Likes
ANGDAY99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I still can't send text messages. I haven't received the phone update. Can someone please answer me?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's not a phone update, it's an app update.  To check the current version, open Verizon Messages, tap the Menu (the three bars in the upper left-hand corner), tap About, and you should get a pop-up with the current version.

To check for app updates, open the Play Store app, tap the Menu (three bars in the upper left-hand corner), tap My Apps & Games, and see if Verizon Messages is listed under apps with Updates.  If it is, tap it and then tap Update.

0 Likes