Problems with Message+
lgtechlover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love the new Verizon provided text app, Message+. however, over the last 2 phones that I've used it on, I have had some strange and inconsistent issues with it. G2 and G4 by LG. I do not want to go back to the default text app. Just curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing. Example: I will text someone, they will not receive that text. They will later text back something unrelated and we start a different conversation. Then out of no where they will get the original text that was sent way earlier, most of the time HOURS earlier, and reply to it confusing me all to pieces. My text will have a sent status from the get go regardless. I'm also confused about the difference between sent and delivered. Some say delivered and some say sent and there seems to be no correlation between those status's and whether or not the other person actually received the text. Sometimes they receive them when they say sent just the same as when they say delivered. I'm assuming that portion is determined by carrier. Some people I text, it will always give me the "delivered" status and others only the "sent" status. Also, I will sometimes receive texts out of order from others and they will receive them out of order as well. My main issue, though, is the lack of texts being received by the other party when they show sent on my end. Not important to the topic but it is causing some issues with my dating life.... hahaha.

• It does not matter to which provider I text. (mostly Verizon but some AT&T and various pay by month phones)
  • I'm the type of person that never saves texts so I always delete and keep inbox clean (not a clutter issue)
  • I have uninstalled and reinstalled
  • I have cleared the cache (which does seem to work temporarily)
  • I have force stopped
  • I have factory reset
  • It occurs on or off wi-fi
  • Phone is 100% up to date with latest android os
  • It DOES NOT seem to be an issue with the default text app
  • I have limited the number of messages to keep in the convo to 100

Thanks for any help guys!

Labels (1)