Why can't the Windows Message app access Google contacts?
MattMatt6

I have all of my contacts as google contacts.   So does half the planet.  But there doesn't seem to be a way to sync them into the desktop message+ app.  Am I wrong?

I'm not going to switch from google contacts to local verizon contacts.  But I'd really like to use the desktop message+ app.

Is there a solution here?    Or does this mean I simply can't use the desktop messaging app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Windows Message app can't access google contacts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Using the desktop Message+ app is a great way to keep in touch when your phone is not available, MattMatt6. The integrated messaging app does work hand in hand with Verizon Cloud/Backup Assistant. When you access the web app, are you able to see the phone numbers from your text conversation, just not how they are saved in your contact list?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
MattMatt6

Yes I can use the Message+ Windows app and see messages, but it's showing me phone numbers only.   I almost replied to the wrong person a few times now.

It's really great that you wrote this app, but it's usefulness is seriously crippled without some way to integrate (or even import) google contacts.   I hope you are able to add this soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We your sentiments, MattMatt6! Do you have contacts saved via backup assistant or Verizon Cloud? What's make and model is your primary cellular device?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
AlwayzSonny

Help!

How do I sync my Google contacts with Message+ desktop app for Windows!?!?

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI AlwayzSonny

Once you back up your phone contacts to the VZ Cloud app (preloaded or on PlayStore)  they should import automatically into (Main Menu>Contacts) on the app.

IF some contacts do not import, please review the PC App User Guide

PC APP

http://vz.to/1St0Z5S 

If you need additional assistance, please let me know.

ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

View solution in original post

0 Likes