Is there any way to see what was texted?
hcoverbay

Is there any way to get a printout of what was said in an sms text? Also when I check my account activity online, it wont show the number that the text message was sent to or received from. Why is that? Please no responses about if I don't trust my child then don't let them text. I am just curious about how to get a full printout of what was being said. The reason I need this is private. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to see what was texted?
Not applicable

Probably not without a court order.  If it's a minor, ask them to show you.

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to see what was texted?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone involved is a smartphone, and you can use the app Integrated Messaging from Verizon, then yo can log in to the phone's MyVerizon account and see the messages, and print them out, download them to a spreadsheet, etc.  If you are the parent, the account owner, and this is a minor child, you can set up the MyVerizon account using their number.

If the numbers are not showing up on the detailed view, it could be for a couple of reasons:

• It takes 24-48 hours for details to show up - so if it's less than a day, you won'' see specific numbers
  • If the messages were sent via a texting app or iMessage (on an iPhone) it won't show up under texting, but under data, with no details as to the #'s involved.

If this does not involve a minor child, but another adult, then a court order may be your only other option.

0 Likes