PIX Place PLS HELP ME Find it again.....
joezot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot access my old pix place. It did not expire. The way to find it ???? has changed. I spent two hours on the phone getting really nice customer service and i was assisted to find my pix and albums that still existed there....but when I have tried to do the exact thing i was helped to do by cust. service...it would not work. The way to find the simple FREEEEEE pix place is gonzo...gone...can anyone please help me find my old pix place....I am a thousand years old and only have a samsung alias and only use pix some few times a month but the pics are precious and the Company is now making it impossible to find it....so everyone has to PAY for something that is really free.....help me please....i cannot spend 2 more hours on the phone.....thanks...JOEZOT the elder....and now i probably wont even find this site again for an answer.....

Labels (1)
Re: PIX Place PLS HELP ME Find it again.....
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

PIX Place web site:

Multimedia Messaging

then click on Manage Your Photo Albums.

seethrusoul
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem (same phone, too!)  Apparently, Verizon doesn't like it when we keep a phone we like for longer than 2 years, because I can't get backup assistant for it anymore, either.  I go to manage my albums, and get a blank white screen, no matter how I get there.

tinkadinkadoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not working.  I've tried a thousand times.  Blank screen.  I want my pictures back dang it all 

View solution in original post

joezot
Enthusiast - Level 2

yesterday this link allowed me to access my pix place...

http://picture.vzw.com/pri/galleries/overview.do?tab=gallery

...duh?? but today they made it not work anymore......they don't want us to find that site anymore i guess...seems like typical capitalist racketeering strategy to me.....if i find it again, i will get all the pics printed and not use it again......oh well.....i can't believe there are so few people complaining about this....but they make it difficult......when I looked for the topic pix place on this discussion site......could not find it.....because there was none......

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That link worked a week or so ago, but Verizon revamped their MyVerizon site a few days ago and now apparently the link is no longer active.

I don't use PIX Place for our basic phones; I transfer the photos to my computer ... that's an option for any photos on your phone, but, of course, it won't help if you've downloaded photos to PIX Place and deleted them off your phone.  I'm wondering if maybe Verizon is moving PIX Place to be part of Backup Assistant?  That would make sense, but I haven't seen anything about it.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some older phones required a software certificate update to retain access to the Media Center catalog, which also provides access to Backup Assistant.  If the software wasn't updated by March 2011, then yes, you now get an error when trying to sync contacts using Backup Assistant.  An alternative is to use bitpim software; it's free at http://www.bitpim.org/

tinkadinkadoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem *may* be solved.  I had been using Google Chrome and tried Internet Explorer.  Voila.  It works.  Thanks for the help and links.  When I first made my Pix album, I used Chrome all the time to access it including less than 2 weeks ago.  But, whatever works!  I'll take it.  Thanks, again, and am retrieving my photos.  

0 Likes
Tinen
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked...once I could find it.  Verizon has all kinds of Pix Place "support articles" that give instructions that are no longer valid (e.g., "go to www.vzwpix.com").  Doing a search on Pix Place gives old information, that's why people are confused. 

I'm confused about why it sent me a text saying "logon to avoid losing your pictures", when I've never put any pictures up there!!!

snapdragon49

I am having the same problem. I got a text message that I had to go on Pix Place or they would delete my photos. Only problem is when I went to www.vzwpix.com I got nothing. I tried to find it on Verizon wireless site and could not get to it either. I don't know what they are trying to do except make us angry.

0 Likes