Pictures and SD card
amreader

How do you save your pictures located in the gallery to your SD card. I can no longer email them as I changed to a new phone and want to transfer my pictures to the new phone. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures and SD card
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If the old phone has an SD slot, you can copy the photos to the card whether the phone is activated or not. Once the photos are saved to the card, copy them to your computer - then format the card for the new phone and copy them back on to the newly reformatted card.

Or, once they are on your computer, you can email/text them to your new phone. Send them with your email program to your10-digitnumber@vzwpix.com as an attachment
0 Likes
annnix

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for the reply. My problem is I can't figure how to move or copy the pictures in the gallery to the SD card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Which phone are you trying to move the pictures from the gallery to the SD card? The Vortex listed in your profile?

Have you verified with a card reader on a computer that the pictures are not already on the SD card?

If the phone is the Vortex, the pictures should be on the SD card in the DCIM folder. That phone doesn't have enough internal memory for the storage of pictures so the camera should have saved them to the SD card originally. Downloaded pictures should also be saved on the SD card in a download folder.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
annnix

Hi Ann,

It's the Vortex phone and the reason why I don't think they are on the SD card is when I go to the gallery and see the different folders there is a separate one for the SD card and it shows only 1 item in it and under albums it shows like 56 pictures.

No I haven't checked the SD card separately. I also thought of plugging my phone into my computer to see if I could transfer them that way but my computer at work didn't like the installation of the phone so I have to wait to check it out at home.

Thanks from another Ann.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Amreader/Annix, thank you for your inquiry. I understand the importance of transferring your pictures to a new phone. Have you already tried connecting your phone to a computer and enabling USB mass storage? To do this, make sure the SD card is inserted. Once the phone is connected, slide down the notification panel and choose USB connection mode, Mass Storage. This should give the option to view both the SD card contents and internal contents thru your Windows Explorer.

You can also use a file manager program like Astro File Manager or a similar program to transfer files from the internal memory to the SD card.