Samsung GS3 Battery Drain after 4.3 update

Novice

Greetings,

If you aren't already aware, there is a serious flaw in the most recent update to the Samsung Galaxy S3. The 4.3 update causes a serious issue with battery drain, screen responsiveness and some apps not functioning properly. If you search for this issue you'll find it's not carrier specific. This update was originally delayed due to battery drain and other issues yet here we are with a December roll out and the same issues. I called Verizon today and they are aware of this issue but have not received a plethora of calls (yet) according to the rep I spoke to.

Bottom line, if you have not installed the update, DO NOT. Wait until a fix has been implemented. I’m lucky if I get 10 hours of light use when I could go 24 hours prior to the update. If I make a few phone calls and use any apps I am forced to charge my phone within a few hours. This is by far the worst issue I’ve ever had with this phone. Up until now everything has been quite solid. If you are having this issue please call Verizon so this can be escalated. I’m hoping a fix will be pushed out in the next couple of months or sooner. My Galaxy S3 is not rooted as I really never found a huge need to do so. Hopefully this issue will not push me in that direction. All I want is a phone that works as expected. You can try using the Deep Sleep Battery Saver app which has a free version for the time being.

May the force be with you, always…..

Labels (1)