Re: Android 2.2 Updated... What are all these "New" Icons & Features?
scoutxlt

Yup, those are the ones I had "Originally" in my Samsung Fascinate.... [ie the forum this posting is in...] Now I don't have the Airplane Mode in the top tray any longer either...? They have replaced it with the above fore mentioned, "emergency tracking" & Auto Rotation... [WHY...? I had that set as Default in the Primary Phone settings window FOREVER....] and the Mobil Data... Which when I'm home on my own Wi-Fi system I leave off.... it is a Battery Vampire. But I have noted that some web content does not load as well even on my GB Router...

I did find "Air Plane Mode..." but its buried back in the Settings Screen, which is completely assbackwards if you ask me.... I don't think I'd ever "Reset" my Default Setting for "No" Auto Rotate.... I can see the other Commenter's point about using Airplane Mode to shut down the baggage, when you can't get 3G anyway; to conserve battery life.

So its a bit befuddling why they would swap them out, beyond that I have noted that with Mobil Data toggled on, Bluetooth, and GPS... things really start happening for the battery life, I can just about watch it Die it goes that fast. Thankfully the only time I have Bluetooth & GPS 'On' in in my vehicle, and then I've got it "Powered Up" on 12V.... and then turn them off as soon as I hop out. Unfortunately though that Mobil Data apparently "Needs" to be toggled on when out and about on the Network.... otherwise the phone doesn't do much more than a tin can & string.

0 Likes