Apps Market - Download Unsuccessful
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

I have been unable to download any apps to my phone from the market.  I keep getting a message saying Download Unsuccessful.  I took out the battery, restarted, made sure that 3rd party apps are allowed and nothing is working.  It stopped working on Friday.  Is anyone else having this problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, S

0 Likes
Re: Apps Market - Download Unsuccessful
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try clearing the cache in the market app. Settings > applications > manage applications > scroll down to market > select it > press the "clear cache" button. You may want to also press the "force stop" button.

The Google market was having issues last week, but it is working now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1
I tried all that unfortunately it's still not working. I will call customer service when I get home. Thanks for the reply
0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

after calling Customer Service, i had to do a factory reset, which solved the issue for me. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
raisedincali74

I'm now having this same problem. Doing the factory reset...doesn't that wipe out your phone?

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

yes it did, make sure you back up your contacts to the VZW backup assistant  and google.  Most of your pictures will be on your SD card.  It's annoying i've had to do it twice already.  If it happens again I will be taking the phone to Verizon store to see what the deal is.  You will just lose any text messages you have.  Good luck :smileyhappy:

0 Likes