Re: Galaxy Nexus 4.3 OTA Upgrade?
mbe3204m
Enthusiast - Level 3

glad to hear it GameDiversity.  I am looking at PagePlus because their vendors will help you flash a Verizon 4G phone to work on their network (I'd just lose 4G service, but turning off the 4G antenna will help me save battery life anyway, and I'm almost always on wifi), and my wife's iPhone4 will work just fine on PagePlus.  If anyone has any good/bad stories about PagePlus please share. 

The only thing keeping me from doing it right now is that you can't insure a phone on PagePlus (much less a used one you carry over from another provider).  So if I need to replace my Nexus, I'd be stuck having to find a used phone somewhere (as I'm not going to pay full retail price for any phone).  My Nexus hasn't been the most reliable device; I'm on my fifth one.  After I had the first one replaced, the last four have been "refurbished", and were buggy.  The current one I'm using has been reliable enough, but I still worry that it'll be on the fritz shortly after I flash over to PagePlus to save money, only to have to replace the phone myself with whatever is available on Craigslist.  Tough call, honestly...I want to save $60/mo too and $720/year off my current bill, but that carries the risk that I'll spend some of that money on a phone.  Nexus5 will not work on PagePlus so I don't want to keep jumping to other providers.

Also, how does one keep one's number if one is to cancel current service?  If I say "I want to take my number with me to another provider" does Verizon give you any grief over it?  How does that even work?  My first & only cell number was with Verizon back in 2000, so this is all new territory for me.

0 Likes