PERSONAL TEXT CONVERSATIONS ARE SHOWING UP ON HOME SCREEN WAITING TO BE READ
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of showing 2 messages and then having to click to read them .....It is showing the FULL TEXT of my PRIVATE conversations for anyone to read on my HOME SCREEN (WITHOUT OPENING THEM)...VERY CREEPY!  I loved this phone before this update and now I HATE IT AND WANT TO GET RID OF IT.  I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE DESTROYING THEIR PHONES WHEN THEY NO LONGER WORK AS WELL AS THEY DID AFTER AN "IMPROVEMENT"  THIS UPDATE JUST SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: PERSONAL TEXT CONVERSATIONS ARE SHOWING UP ON HOME SCREEN WAITING TO BE READ
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using any kind of security on the lock screen besides the swipe?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: PERSONAL TEXT CONVERSATIONS ARE SHOWING UP ON HOME SCREEN WAITING TO BE READ
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO and I do not want one...  and the full text message should NOT be on the home screen PERIOD...I have gone into every setting and it cannot be changed.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Well with the new update it does show your email, text, etc in notifications. If you do not want anyone to see it, may i suggest keeping your phone on your person, activating the screen security lock with passcode or pattern or face lock, or searching google or forumson how to root your phone and go back to old software. Nothing much else you can do, sorry.

0 Likes
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT NOTIFICATIONS....I AM TALKING ABOUT THE FULL TEXT OF YOUR PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS. I JUST SPOKE TO SAMSUNG TECH AND UNFORTUNATELY....THIS IS THE IMPROVMENT AND THIS IS THE WAY IT WILL STAY!  WHAT KIND OF IDIOTS WOULD MAKE YOUR CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS AND PERSONAL TEXT MESSAGES EASILY READ ON THE HOME SCREEN OF ANY DEVICE????????????????????????  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Likes
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

AND OFFERING ME A CHANCE TO UPGRADE TO ANOTHER CRAPPY PHONE ISN'T ACCEPTABLE....NO YOU CAN'T UPGRADE TO THE IPHONE 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   REALLY ????????????????????????????? 

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

marybee333 wrote:

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT NOTIFICATIONS....I AM TALKING ABOUT THE FULL TEXT OF YOUR PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS. I JUST SPOKE TO SAMSUNG TECH AND UNFORTUNATELY....THIS IS THE IMPROVMENT AND THIS IS THE WAY IT WILL STAY!  WHAT KIND OF ****** WOULD MAKE YOUR CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS AND PERSONAL TEXT MESSAGES EASILY READ ON THE HOME SCREEN OF ANY DEVICE????????????????????????  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Thats why the password locks were invented, to prevent others from reading your "conversations", ma'am. Aside from the suggestions we gave, and aside from you buying another phone (most likely full price) there is nothing that can be done, which is also confirmed by the samsung rep.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The phone doesn't do that, and can't do that unless you have installed some 3rd party app that does it.  You need to go into that apps setting and change it.

SMS popup, Handcent, GoSMS, and ChompSMS are a few examples that have a "popup".

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't use the out of the box SMS app since before froyo, I looked at mine, how about un-checking "Auto-Retreive" ? Send your self a message via email to check it by using yourphonenumber@vtext.com to see if that helps.

Personally I use GoSMS forever, it now has backup to cloud service, and the premium pakg allows you to send up to 10mg files via SMS. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
marybee333
Enthusiast - Level 2

maybe you should help the verizon and samsung reps underatdn their own phones.  Now can you help me get my punctuation bar back on top of the keyboard that is now missing and makes typing tedious and cumbersome?

0 Likes