Galaxy Nexus battery drain after 4.2.2 update
rphi808

My phone has discarged is just over 2 hours!  All settings are normal, battery usage noted screen 41% exchange 25% and email 21%.  While screen goes dark, it appears the screen is still using juice in the background.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Nexus battery drain after 4.2.2 update
slimb9

i believe there is a reported issue with exchange email accounts in 4.2.2 which can be solved by deleting your exchange account and then adding it back.  looks like you have a significant amount of drain from your email accounts.  how many to you have running?  screen on 41% ok. but how much time was your screen actually on.  you say your battery died in just over two hours, so i would assume you had your screen on approximately 50min to an hour. 

report back after deleting and adding back your exchange email account.

0 Likes
Norfin

I don't use Exchange, and I'm eating the entire battery in less then two hours. The upper third of the display is HOT when the display is not on. Plugging it in powered up is useless since the current drain is higher than the capacity of the charger. Plugged it into my 2AMP charger for the my tablet - still not enough.

Called VZW and the tech indicated the drain issue is all over their internal forums, but no solution other than they will send you a replacement phone.

I was reading elsewhere that one guy thinks the display is still really on, just gone to black.

BATTERY:

Screen 27% (off mostly)

Android System 14%

Android OS 9%

0 Likes
acofran

I'm having the same problem - extended life battery drains fully in about an hour and phone gets really HOT.  Exchange  is using 46% of battery.  After speaking with Verizon and Samsung, they are sending me a replacement phone.  Going to see if deleting and re-installing exchange solves the problem.

0 Likes
rphi808

I'll try the exchange fix, On this battery charge (spare battery) exchange is 37% of battery usage.  only using one exchange and on gmail account.  My phone is also hot near the top back.

0 Likes
Kdms13

I am experiencing the same charging and overheating problems.

I removed all Exchange accounts and without setting them back up, it still shows Exchange Services at 34%.

I hope a fix is determined very soon....and a replacement phone shouldn't count as a fix.

0 Likes
SteveCable

I'm having the exact same problem: a freshly OTA updated Galaxy Nexus (with Exchange services running). I left my phone at home all day (charging) after the update. I turned it on, ran a couple of errands over a couple of hours, and it was dead by the time I got home. I also had the "hotness" issue Norfin was talking about.

0 Likes
acofran

uninstalling and re-installing exchange reduced the battery usage from 46% to 15%. Smiley Happy However, the screen usage is now showing 59% and the battery drain issue hasn't improved.  Smiley Sad  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
sirfong

Sad to report, I'm having the same issue. My phone hasn't left the charger today, and I'm at 1% battery. Only app I've randomly used is the calculator. The phone will charge when it's powered off, turn it back on and zoom! goes the charge.Top half of my phone is hot, like the above comments have stated, too.

In the time it's taken me to write this, my phone is now at 0%. I haven't touched it!!!

0 Likes
Matte242

Same here...at first, it was saying that it was an espn app that I have, so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and charged it fully.  Guess what..... 2 hours later, same deal.  This time it was saying that a ps3 app was draining the battery, so I did the same thing, uninstalled, rebooted, and charged it.  Now, again 2 hours later its saying that google + is using the majority of the batter, but I can't uninstall it.   Also, it feels crazy hot.  Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Likes