Re: Replacement Phone Problems
Crostian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am experiencing this issue... I love my GNEX but this signal issue is a deal breaker if you ask me. Frankly, I've never had good signal quality both in data and voice... My first GNEX had a baseband version of IF515.09. I was experiencing these issues so I went into Verzion and they replaced the sim card with a new one thinking it was a defective batch of sims. That did absolutely nothing... My Replacement GNEX has a baseband version of IF515.10 and needless to say I am still experiencing this issue... Not sure why people are stating that the later baseband version causes this problem when I was experiencing it on the earlier version as well.. Friends and Family have different Verzion devices and they get great service! I've done troughput testing utilizing Speed Test on my GNEX and other Verizon 4g phones and the GNEX is lackluster at best... I'll get in the vicinity of 5 to 9 mb down while other devices get in access of 13 to 20 mb down (keep in mind, devices are side by side when conducting this test). I also get terrible signal strength when compared to other Verizon phones as well. Also, the 4g connection always drops when I am using it, even with the older phone... I've talked to Verizon Tech support and they give you the general scripted answers and resolutions... They tell me to check software version, baseband version, power down the device and pop the battery and sim card out; all of which do nothing to improve signal. They also tell me that they are going to create a trouble ticket so a technician will come out to my residence and conduct a signal survey. Trying to inform them that I already know the signal will be good does nothing. They can't seem to understand the logic that if other Verzion phones get great service at my residence then the survey will dictate the same. (Again, scripted answers). They did offer to give me a replacement device which was the Droid Razr, HTC Rezound, or a LG Lucid (Quite frankly, it felt like Verzion spitting in my face at this point...). It essentially felt like them telling me to take a hike when they refered me to Samsung after I told them I am not interested in their offered replacement devices... I didn't buy the GNEX to have crappy signal or wait forever for software updates. I bought it because it's suppose to be a pure google managed OS and it has bleeding edge components. I didn't spend hard-earned money on a device to operate below nominal standards and to be offered a low end device if it doesn't work properly.