Re: Battery Charge Not Happening Consistantly With Gingerbread
KISSman
Enthusiast - Level 2

This morning my actual battery power was at 86% after a full night's charge so I'm much less sure that a battery pull and draining the battery as much as possible before charging had a direct affect on my prior luck.

I now believe the reason I've had more luck recently is because I've changed my charging habits.  Instead of putting my phone on a charger sometime after I get home from work and leaving it plugged in until the next morning, I've been putting on charge right before bed.  This way, the battery has an even lower charge to start with, has to then power all the way up to 100% during my sleeping hours before it then stops charging and begins its new slow power drain. 

During the first few days after the update when I was having worse charging issues, I was still doing what I normally did prior to Gingerbread which was to put it on the charger much earlier in the evening.  Obviously then it would hit 100% well before bed time.  But now since Gingerbread, doing this was causing this new battery draining process to begin hours earlier.

I believe that charging the phone for an extended period of time is what had been causing me to have the 60% charge in recent mornings.  Since the charge now stops once it hits 100%, the longer it takes for you to take it off charge after that point, the worse your charge is going to be.

The thing that is strange about this issue is why this is only happening to what seems to be a small portion of Fascinates out there after the update (or else everyone would be complaining about it, right?).  The only likely fix would be if they patched this somehow in a post-Ginerbread update. 

Also, I can verify that my issue has nothing to do with the battery itself because I have 4 batteries for my Fascinate and this same problem exists regardless of which one I use in my phone.

0 Likes