Verizon & Samsung - Shame on You!
homesmd

If I understand the app market correctly, depending upon your device's  version of  the operating system, software that is not compatible is not made available to you. Having said that, I'm not sure how drastic the changes are between Froyo and Gingerbread but if in fact they are and one could assume based on the problems people are experiencing....Samsung and Verizon should have implemented a scan of the device that would disable apps that are in fact not compatible with the update. The frustration of having my phone become pretty much useless ( Even for the original task of the phone... making a call) for the last 3 days is unacceptable for the amount of money that I pay to Verizon monthly.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon & Samsung - Shame on You!
Wildman
Legend

This just falls back on the point that I have said that major updates should force a hard reset to avoid this kind of issues, more and more complaints usually come from users that updated and did not hard rest to remove all old data and apps that can cause a number of the issues that gets reported...

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

verizon gives you unfiltered acess to data.. what you do with it is up to you.

Same as your computer, you dont contact comcast when your application causes you a blue screen of death do you?

0 Likes
homesmd

Really? Okay lets play 20 questions

When I subscribe to Comcast do they force me to buy my desktop from them? ( Yeah I know about unlocked phones but they make up a small percentage of the carriers customers and are priced ridiculous) Does this hypothetical computer from Comcast come bloated with 3rd party useless bloated software that I can not  remove unless I "root" the computer? Does Comcast vet the operating system and it's updates with the computer manufacture and the operating system's developer? When I bought this hypothetical computer from Comcast, that was touted by Comcast as the latest and greatest, did Comcast promise to push out to me the newest updates, keeping me current with technology? All so that I would be willing to sign a 2 year contract? 

Okay so I did not really have 20 questions but my point is that Verizon is just as involved in the update as Samsung. To think otherwise make me believe that you might want to drop the Elitist from your screen name    :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Nothing really compared with a cell phone.. but when your computer breaks down do you contact best buy?

I'm just saying, do a factory reset on your phone and be done with it

0 Likes