Re: PLEASE POINT US TO THE MISSED CALL FIX--IIT IS NOT FIXED
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

MikeS_VZW wrote:

Just in case you reach someone who is not aware of this policy, I'm updating as many Fascinate forums as I can:

I need to clarify a little further on this. I will be bolding words, but please do not take it as internet yelling.  I need to make some stuff stand out though. 

On 7-8-11, Verizon Wireless implemented a POLICY on the Fascinate.  Whenever a new policy comes along, all 80,000+ employees are not going to be aware of it immediately.  Not that it's excusable, but it happens from time to time.

If you go to a Verizon Wireless CORPORATE store, and they are unfamiliar with the process, I will post info to guide them on the new policy.  I cannot post the policy because I could get canned, but I can post how to get to the policy. 

Where is this policy? There are 2 ways to get there:

1) Open up InfoManager.  In the search box, type in: "Samsung Fascinate Not Receiving Calls."  This will bring up several search results.  It's the first result that shows up.

2) There is an OST article number for this information.  The OST that can also be typed in the Infomanager search box is 70946.  This will bring up several search results as well.  It's the first option.

Things to note:  This missed call issue is intermittent. 

**There is no fix for it.  It can't be master reset, updated with new software (at this time), battery pulled, *228 update, or network troubleshot.  It does NOT need to be duplicated in-store for a replacement as it is intermittent.  Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. When it's a known intermittent issue, we should NOT need to duplicate it in the store. **

I hope this helps someone.  This is applicable to Verizon Wireless in both the stores and over-the-phone tech support.  Customer care cannot process these requests over the phone. You MUST speak with tech support.

Thanks for posting this information
0 Likes