Blacklisted phone
fix4all
Enthusiast - Level 1

Could anyone please provide info on what upper level department to contact to unblacklist the IMEI on a phone?

Back in 2017 I had setup a prepaid account for my Moto G5 Plus. It was a new store-bought phone to be used as a backup phone. At some point I required temporary prepaid service for emergency use. After activating prepaid service, for some reason I got billed twice. After numerous calls to get a refund, basically got nowhere. Out of frustration, I personally suspended my phone (lost/stolen) as a precaution so I would not be billed again. HUGE MISTAKE!

Down the road, had activated with Boost Mobile for awhile with no issues. Now, I would like to use with our Verizon business account with close to 100 phones. To my dismay, business services (as helpful as they were) could not lift the block on the IMEI and said it would have to be done through the dept that the phone was blocked under. After numerous calls to prepaid dept and escalating, they said there was nothing they could do since the phone was blocked on a postpaid account which it never was on. They could not pull up the prepaid account number since it was a few years ago and, of course, no longer active. Having bounced back and forth between different departments and close to a dozen calls have gotten nowhere. There must be a higher level technical services dept that oversees the entire Verizon network, after all, should not all Verizon plans be on the same network?

I can prove ownership of the phone. This is so unbelievable. I explained to the various support reps as I've written here what transpired. Mistakes happen.

Greg

0 Likes