Unlimited data has no Mobile Hotspot!
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

So a Verizon representative that hotspot was disabled on a Unlimited plan. Because customers shared the data between all their family devices. Fair enough!

So I live where there is no ISP that provides 4G except Satellite. So data has a latency but it does work. 

Wait a minute "data"? What is data. It is a connection to the Internet. 

I do not watch TV or browse the Internet on a five inch by three inch screen. Those who do, good for you. What is the sense of having a 52 inch smart TV. Ever tried to share a smart phone screen resolution with a 52 inch smart TV screen resolution. 

Netflix original 

Lost in Space episode: 700 MB

One Movie: 1007 MB

Verizon comes the closes to providing the most reliable network in the states. So think about this Verizon! Watch one Netflix original movie a weekend is about 4 gig a month. The smart phone and Chromebook updates and one Linux OS.

Please provide a reasonable price plan for a reliable customer willing to register their 5 devices too an unlimited plan.

Oh yea still can not access My Verizon website for one smart phone account!! Been three months+

Re: Unlimited data has no Mobile Hotspot!
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Screenshot 2020-02-15 at 6.54.40 AM.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan do you have? The prepaid unlimited plan and the Start Unlimited Plan doesn't include the mobile hotspot feature. If you need the mobile hotspot feature, you need to switch to a compatible plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

tbint62
Contributor - Level 2
Ann154 Expert
There is no plan with unlimited data for Mobile hotspot. They all limit the mobile hotspot.
Why tell someone the wrong answer. Then ask to be marked as answered. Unlimited is

no limits on 
all devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbint62, we fully understand the discontent that can come in the Network Management of our Mobile Hotspot feature. We're truly sorry to learn that your current plan is not meeting your Mobile Hotspot needs. You can also view the specifics of our plan options here to ensure your Hotspot feature is included, accordingly: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/.  Also, here's a link with more details surrounding our Network Performance models to help with understanding: https://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/network-performance. Please be sure to let us know if you have additional questions or concerns. 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

TanishaS_VZW

It does not sound like you understand, No plan has unlimited data for mobile hot spot. post or prepay. I would have to buy a hot spot device. I did not look into that.

Your reply is a canned reply. It is not the best answer. Don't worry you still should get a pay check. The only answer to this is a plan that would allow unlimited data (Internet) to the mobile hot spot, connecting only one device at a time, and out of a possible 3-5 devices registered to an account. 

I know the world wants to use there smart phone to watch TV and browse the internet, and facebook. I do not believe in leaving class and work to run down the street with a kazoo. Is that what Bernie Sanders wants to pay for. 

I use the hot spot on our smart tv and a chromebook. Network performance is just fine. If I sign up for unlimited then I should get unlimited even for the hot spot.

View solution in original post

cms8119
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is "Double Dipping" their customers on their data plans. It's that plain and simple. Verizon can go in and change what their plans include any time they want. So Basically they got caught double charging for unlimited data, went in and changed a couple of their plans to state that Unlimited Data does not include Hotspot.

I had a Verizon Unlimited plan my last 2 year go around and had no issues with sharing WiFi or Hotspot.

Now I reenlist for another 2 years in the Verizon Army, ASSUMING everything will stay the same, the only thing that will change is my new phone.

Until I try to use the Hotspot feature,,,,, Now I am restricted and Verizon is trying to tell me I signed up for the wrong plan if I want Hotspot. If I would have known this, I would have gone with another carrier.

Also Verizon, Unlimited = un·lim·it·ed/ˌənˈlimidədadjective not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.

I'm not crazy, Unlimited is Unlimited. There are not different levels or degrees of Unlimited.

Very unsatisfied customer.

Shopping for new carrier.

Gypsyrose1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Similar problem I Purchased the iPhone 11 Pro and paid $1300 that day to have a phone that was gonna be unlocked and was under the impression by your employee that I would have unlimited data with a hotspot on the $55 plan which I find out this week is not true since I could not get in touch with anyone to speak to because this is a critical issue that I need handled because I work on my iPad from home and I need Unlimited data as well as hotspot.unlimited data as well as hotspot hotspot. I do have everything in writing on the paperwork the day about the phone as to how the plan would be. So I have been back-and-forth with you people and I have been lied to by three of your representatives as to the plans you offer. Since I could not get anyone on the phone yesterday I changed over to the unlimited data plan because I was told it had hotspot only to find out yesterday it did not so I’m messed up I can’t even change my plan back to the $55 plan even to get a hotspot even though the date it was already used so I’m angry !!! When I inquired about the unlock of my phone it was supposed to be 30 days I found out yesterday also that I have another 15 days left before the phone will be even unlocked now I’m really angry because I can’t change companies in which I plan to do. So is there anything you can help with I was even told a ticket was sent into technical support to correct the issue only to be lied to so please tell me what your suggestion would be

sincerely

Carol

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Gypsyrose1963

See my reply to your other discussion. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/Hotspot/m-p/1156773/highlight/tru...

As for the SIM unlocking, the policy has been 60 days for a while now. For more information see https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Gypsyrose1963
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just started with them about a month ago and I’m feeling the same way that you’re feeling and I’m messed up