Re: Verizon Prepaid Iphone5s - Verizon not unlocking it for use with other carriers
jakeandikory

Called number indicated above by customer support. Since I inactivated the phone number associated with the phone the first time I called (that's all they could do for me) it is really hard to get through. You have to punch in your number to the automated system to get recognized. If your number is inactive you can't get through to talk to anyone...talk about frustration! So you have to punch in all zeros; but an actual phone number that is no longer in service won't work.

I was told the phone is not locked??? Well, the message I get when I put my sim card from my new carrier in is "SIM Not Supported...The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information."

So now what "customer support"? I am willing to pay any fees to release my phone from your activation server but that doesn't seem to be an issue. The rep told me over and over there is nothing they can do because on her screen it says the phone is not locked. Well, I will choose to believe her and believe there is a much deeper issue here in the programming of your activation servers.

0 Likes