have a unlimited text but was charged for picture text
heavenearth21

I have the 60 dollar plan and notice after i refilled my account on two occasion 25 cents was taken off and for picture messages. if i have unlimited text why am i being charged for picture messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: have a unlimited text but was charged for picture text
Snn5
Legend

Were they sent/received in a roaming area?

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

hi.. your plan should tell you whether you are able to recieve SMS messages for free or if they are extra.. If it is extra the cost is not much.. but if you chose not to add the fact if available.. I would adjust your settings under messages on the phone to block them in the future..

let us know if you have additional questions

0 Likes
heavenearth21

they were sent from my house where i have sent text in the past and have not been charged in past it. i turned off the roaming option after the second time. to check if it was that so i am waiting now. i just wanted to cover every base in case it was not that. also would it still roam even if i disabled the option on my phone?

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

have you looked above under MY VERIZON in your acct to make sure nothing is changed?? you might try that just to make sure everything is the same

and I agree if you have sent those types of text before.. and were not charge.. I would get ahold of Customer Services and ask for a refund...it would roam but you would not have service so can you set it to PROMPT you if in a ROAMING status?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

With roaming off, you should not be able to, and with unl talk and text and only a cap on data, you shouldn't see any charges.  Even on prepaid.

Snn5
Legend

Yes, take a look at your account in My Verizon and make sure of the plan details. 

heavenearth21

my plan has not changed also it says *Unlimited Texting to anyone on any network in US and to Participating carriers in Canada,Mexico and Puerto Rico and 2.5GB of Data for $60.00 per month.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Coverage Locator

Make sure your area is not a prepaid roaming area.  Differences are minute, but do exist in postpaid extended areas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes