Sprint to Open stores in Radio Shack.. hmm
B33
Legend

Don't know if this is Good move or a Move to hurt Radio Shack even more)  But for me I like Radio shack for what it was back in ole Days Go in buy a Radio or Scanner or to buy parts for them.. hopefully this move doesn't hurt them even more..

Labels (1)
Re: Sprint to Open stores in Radio Shack.. hmm
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea I seen this Last night hopefully they don't shut down the store in our Area.. there's one store in the Area that is an independent he sells Ham and Scanner Equipment no cell phones I don't thing he'll be going out of Business soon as long as there is a need for Ham Radios and Scanners,  and around here being it be were in Tornado alley and other storms add in the Quakes & shakes   were being hit with too I think scanner and Ham Traffic will increase in time not decrease..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The only relevant thing in RS was the back half of the store with the cables, small tech parts, and communication items.

Tidbits
Legend

I find it funny though. A company with Brand recognition problems, buying another company with Brand recognition problems. This isn't going to fix their problem.

B33
Legend

I think were looking at a  Mix that's going to wipe one or the other completely out of Business.. but who knows

Snn5
Legend

Well Office Depot did it with OfficeMax and now Staples is eating OD, Inc, so  seems a lot of companies are out there joining for survival now

B33
Legend

Been watching some of that with Staples and Office po po I call em can't believe there just rapping things up or I guess they are with Office Maxx and Depot and now this we have one store in our town A officemaxx now that these two are in Talks what do we call them StaplesMaxx  or  Office-Staples-Depot Mart I'm silly I know but this just cracks me up...

Snn5
Legend

I remember when OD had 1200 stores and stocks were $36/share.  5 years later it was 600 stores and $1 per share.  Somehow with this acquisition, shares rose sharply.  I would assume because investors and shareholders see this as a way to maintain some profit instead of loss. 

B33
Legend

Yup.. to me Office D Snn5  seemed to me to have a little more of a better Variety in the Computer and accessory area more also in computer related books than that of Office Maxx as for a staples never have been in one matter a fact not sure there is one Kansas.!

Update Done some Looking found a total of 3 in the Kansas City Area:  there are Locations around Lenexa, Olathe, and one Close to Kansas City International.

As for Radio Shack there all over the Area the Manager I know at the Local store said that is what is hurting some of the Stores is on have one at a Location and Down the block or around the corner there is another one that is what she said is hurting some R.S. and why there closing some of them..