Re: Interesting POV Tom Wheeler and Net Neutrality
Tidbits
Legend

There isn't 100% roads between 2 people.  I use up 80% MORE bandwidth that originally agreed to while I am stopping you from using 80% of data I agreed you can use.  Does that make more sense?  So in essence I am using MORE than you as per agreement.  It's not 50/50 and more like 80/20 in my favor.  I should pay MORE as my company uses more.  We agreed 50/50, but I am not sticking to my agreement.  Therefore I SHOULD pay more.  Right now LevelUP(Me) spend $10M to upped the bandwidth for their services and expect Comcast(you) to spend $50M to accommodate.  So do are you going to spend that $50M just so I can collect more profits? 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I understand now.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

basically what Comcast(you) are doing is matching what I allow on my network so it is now again 50/50.  Comcast(you) may get the bad press, but they are being fair in the grand scheme of things.  Net Neutrality can allow governments to play favorites and select things based on privacy, data collection, and a slew of other things allowed companies to get unfair advantages in the market.  It worked for telephone and cable...

Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

http://m.therightscoop.com/fcc-commissioner-exposes-obama-net-neutrality-plan-blasting-him-for-hidin...

I am looking into alternative sources of this article before I find it validating, but something to read about.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Article from 2008

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

https://www.theobjectivestandard.com/issues/2008-winter/net-neutrality

Tap the wrong button. Here are some fine lines that may cause problems in the future for the internet.

0 Likes