Re: Net Neutrality: That's that and it Passed
imintersay

The FCC tells us that Net Neutrality will give us a free and open Internet by granting them the power to regulate it under laws that were written 60 years before the Internet existed as a common household service. They say consumers need to be protected from the possibility that Internet providers will block traffic to certain sites, or set up paid prioritization systems for consumers or web services who pay more. Sounds good? Not really. They aren’t addressing a problem that currently plagues American consumers; only a problem that they insist will probably plague us at some point.Right now Internet Providers, being private companies providing a service, do dictate certain things because that's how the free market works. But nobody really controls the conversation online or dictates the content.Yeah, you pay your bill to Verizon, you complain about the privacy settings on Facebook, but when it comes down to it, the Internet is about the only part of American life where the people really do have a freedom to voice their opinions. The government (whether its Dems or Repubs) would like nothing better than to silence the voice of their opponents. So anyone who believes that's a good thing is short sighted and naive. I fully support Verizon's opposition to net neutrality because I want to have the same freedoms that the internet provides me and all others now (even those with whom I disagree).

0 Likes