Why couldn't I access data in Mexico?

Miembro

I just got back from a 1-week trip to Mexico.

When I landed I got a text from Verizon stating: Free VZW Message: Welcome to Mexico. Your Talk, Text and Data while in Mexico is included in your Domestic plan.

My phone and text was working. But my internet was not. While at the airport, I signed in to the "free" internet provided by the airport, but that is limited to 10 minutes!

While on my visit I was able to use Wi-Fi at my destination location. But it dit not work on my phone. Just talk and text, no data.

I was using an unlocked Moto G5Plus phone. Is that part of the problem?

I spoke to a support tech on the phone and he mentioned that Verizon had some server problems on Tuesday (the day I landed) and that may have contributed to my problems. But that sounds sketchy.

Has anyone used a Moto G5Plus phone in Mexico on an Unlimited data plan?

Gracias,

-tomas

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: No data plan while I was in Mexico on Unlimited plan?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Tomas_a_vera, I would be just as concerned with my phone not picking up signal for data during my trip. We are here to help out. Let's take a quick glance at your settings. While we do not fully support this model, these were the steps that I found through Motorola's web site:

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/home/device/motorola/moto-g5/topic/internet/disable-d...

Do you recall if you had your Data Roaming setting enabled?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Miembro

Aha!!  No, my "Data Roaming" setting was "Off".

I will make sure to set it to "ON" on the next trip and I hope that solves my problem. Thank you very much!

-tomas

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good! Thanks for messaging in, let us know if you need anything else.

0 Likes