Re: Please be perfect because if you are not, Verizon will screw you

elliew

All this wishing for VERIZON to make reasonable adjustments to your international charges.

Did it cross anyone's mind that CANADA or other foreign countries are charging VERIZON these extreme rates. Verizon is just passing those charges on to us - the consumers of those services. What you are suggesting is that Verizon should just eat these charges because you're such a loyal (?) customer?

jpollhein
Miembro

Wow...so many apologists for Verizon...who knew?!?   Makes one wonder at the motivation...

See if you can follow the logic for a moment.  If I can click a button and get the same service for $25, is it reasonable to assume Verizon can provide the service for that amount?  Then your argument holds no water.

Verizon is an international company with many cross-border agreements for other networks.  They would not offer the service for $25 a month if they could not make money doing so.  They do nothing for free.

0 Me gusta

daonys
Novice

Yes, they offer that feature for those traveling outside of the US, and I'm sure the $25 wasn't all inclusive. It was probably $25 up to a certain allowance, then it'd be another $25, and so on. Had you selected the correct feature, you wouldn't have the high bill that you do. Vocally, at least on here, you've accepted and admitted that it was your fault. So why should they have to cover all the charges for YOUR mistake? Yes, having such a high bill sucks, especially when you know you could have prevented it, but they are legit and they did offer to credit you 20%.

dad_of_2

I feel bad that you made the mistake and I really hope I am never in that situation.

With that being said, You need to slow down.  "Thinking this must be a mistake, I called and was informed that since I selected to wrong service on their site....Second mistake:  I thought I had turned off my automatic payment from the bank" You are the one making the mistakes. It is not verizon (eventho they did try to help you), it is you.  It is not about being perfect, it about reading and re-reading everything you do.  Or you could always call customer service to get advice on what to do before you do it.

You could do a few few things:

1) You could call your bank and fight the charges, they should refund your money.

2) You could always dispute the charges with verizon legally. (you would have learned how to do that if you would slow down and read your contract): "

¿Cómo y cuándo puedo impugnar cargos?

Si eres cliente del Servicio Pospago, puedes impugnar tu factura dentro de los 180 días siguientes a la fecha que la recibiste, pero a menos que lo establezca la ley de otro modo o salvo que impugnes cargos por la pérdida o robo de tu dispositivo móvil, tienes que pagar todos los cargos hasta que se resuelva la impugnación. Si eres un cliente de prepago, puedes disputar un cargo dentro de los 180 días posteriores a la fecha en que se incurrió el cargo en cuestión. PUEDES LLAMARNOS PARA IMPUGNAR LOS CARGOS EN TU FACTURA O QUE SE TE COBREN EN CONCEPTO DE SERVICIOS DE CUALQUIER TIPO, PERO SI DESEAS PRESERVAR TU DERECHO A PRESENTAR UN ARBITRAJE O RECLAMACIONES DE MENOR CUANTÍA DE ACUERDO CON TAL IMPUGNACIÓN, DEBERÁS COMUNICARTE CON NUESTRO SERVICIO AL CLIENTE ESCRIBIENDO A LA DIRECCIÓN QUE APARECE EN TU FACTURA O ENVIARNOS UN FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD DE MEDIACIÓN CON TODOS LOS DATOS (DISPONIBLE EN VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), DURANTE EL PERÍODO DE 180 DÍAS, ANTERIORMENTE MENCIONADO. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180-DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE."

I really think number 2 would get rejected becouse they already gave you a way to help you out.

Good Luck! Let us know what happens.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

jpollhein wrote:

See if you can follow the logic for a moment.  If I can click a button and get the same service for $25, is it reasonable to assume Verizon can provide the service for that amount?  Then your argument holds no water.

Yes, it is reasonable to assume that Verizon can provide the service for that amount. It is ALSO reasonable to assume that Verizon MAY have a similar agreement with international providers where they are charged a much lower rate IF they contract for the service BEFORE being used, just as Verizon requires you to do so.

See if you can follow the logic for a moment. YOU subscribe to the service, Verizon lets the international provider know about it(i.e. Verizon contracts for your line to utilize service with the international provider at a lower rate), Verizon gets it at the lower rate and passes on the savings to you. YOU don't subscribe to the service and Verizon isn't able to notify the international provider(i.e. Verizon does not contract for your line with the international provider at a lower rate), Verizon does not get the lower rate in order to pass the savings on to you.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if this IS how the agreement between Verizon and international providers work. I ALSO have no way of knowing this ISN'T how the agreement between Verizon and international providers work.

Regardless, when travelling internationally, you will always get lower priced service if you simply remove your Verizon SIM card from your phone and replace it with a locally purchased SIM card from a provider at your destination of choice.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

jpollhein wrote:

Wow...so many apologists for Verizon...who knew?!?   Makes one wonder at the motivation...

I tend to think the motivation is from people taking the time and care to do things the way requested just to see people who don't follow policy, whine about it and then get the same outcome as those who took the extra time to do things right. The people who do things as requested don't get a benefit from taking the extra time to do so while all too often they see those who DON'T do things at requested don't get penalized for not doing things as they should.

Example which happens all too often to me: Airlines request you get to the airport with plenty of time to take delays into account. All too often, I see people getting to the airport at the last minute requesting to bypass lines in front of passengers who DID take the necessary precautions to arrive with the necessary time in order to perform all tasks needed(check in, security, etc...) When I get annoyed by people requesting such treatment, I am not an apologist for the airline, I am simply wanting these people to live by the same rules I live by. If it means missing their flight, tough. It annoys me to no end when I travel with someone who simply ignores me when I want to get to the airport 1.5 - 2 hours early and they say "don't worry, 30 minutes is enough time, they will get you through quicker if you tell them your flight is about ready to leave..." Then all the people who DO get to the airport in time are made to wait even longer than necessary to make room for these people who don't feel rules should apply to them.

I am not saying you are one of these people, but it IS easier to notice someone made a mistake AFTER a bill is posted than to notice one BEFORE a bill is posted. Unfortunately, it may also be harder to correct that mistake after a bill is posted than to correct it before a bill is posted.

sprmankalel
Leader

I was in Slovakia and didn't have a chance to get a prepaid SIM but I didn't set my line up before I went. I logged into to My Verizon to set it up and it worked immediately. BUT the fact remains that it wasn't selected prior to using the data. VZW has no way to negotiate the price with the foreign carrier AFTER the data is used and the foreign carrier has charged the full price to VZW.

0 Me gusta