Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
DBEELR
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes, works much better with less or no issues after a major update

PBOrlando

There are many things that work better and look better but my biggest complaints are poor call quality and battery life cut in half.  Those two issues are enough to make me switch to a different carrier.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If you have advanced calling enabled... try to disable it. Battery life, give it three charge discharge cycles (like down to 10% or so and charge back to 100%).

JetRocket
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure about call quality but I don't think that the carrier has anything to do with battery life. That would be the phone manufacturer and OS developer.

0 Likes
trhubarb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am told by Verizon WIreless support that a patch will be sent either today or tomorrow to fix these issues.

0 Likes
DBEELR
Enthusiast - Level 3

yep, testing out phones without advanced calling now to see if quality improves and battery was from not doing full drain on it. now the battery has good life again

0 Likes
DBEELR
Enthusiast - Level 3

That quickly? nice! can't wait to see if they come through

0 Likes
DBEELR
Enthusiast - Level 3

when I first got the phone 1.5 years ago the call quality wasn't that great but one of the updates got it to crystal clear. Now it's back to so so call quality again. I think the battery issue is because I didn't cycle it from 100% to 10% a few times first. Now that I've conditioned the battery I'm having no battery drain issue.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Great to hear on Battery Drain. I feel many other people aren't giving the upgrade a far shot because they don't go through the re-model exercise properly, or initially, and draw the incorrect first impression. However, there are some people saying their devices are heating up, and that to me means radio usage, or CPU usage. Either backing up / restoring to cloud or from Google playstore, or an errant program / a bad setting which didn't get set properly because they didn't FDR.

Call quality. Hmmm, I'll have to try my phone. However, Advanced Calling has been a rather hit-or-miss proposition for many, including Call quality issues, and Call disconnects / reliability issues. Everyone's MMV.

cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

To get the most out of updated definitely do the homework and make sure you system is ready for it, Verizon wont you what to so but if you read some blogs or you tube it can really help on getting the most out of system updates.