Re: Trouble creating folders
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Orthoducks,

It may very well be getting used to a new OS - and all it's nuances.  Android has a "Home screen", your main work area where you can place icons/shortcuts for various apps, or widgets, which are usually larger than the icons and take up more screenspace, but are typically "functional", meaning they update information for you (weather widget, data usage, sports scores, etc).  The other screens are where you can place other widgets, and apps, for fast(er)  accessibility than searching through the app drawer.

I can organize my app drawer alphabetically, or date of download, or "custom", I can hide those I don't want to see or deal with, but on my phone, I can't put them into folders.  Since I use my home screen and other screens to put the apps I use most "at my fingertips" so to speak, I rarely go into the app drawer, except to grab a new app and put it on a screen.

I have my social and financial stuff, and email on my home screen, along with a weather widget.  Other screens contain games, my Kindle app, MyVerizon, stuff I don't use constantly like I do the email and social stuff.  You can pretty much customize your screens, or even remove the blank ones so you only have one or two instead of multiple, blank ones.  If you press and hold an app icon, you can move it between the screens by dragging it to the edge of one screen until the next screen pops in, then dropping the icon there.

Hope this helps, and playing around with it is the way to get familiar with how it all works, and comfortable with it all.