Re: Why is my Kin onem "updating modem" and what does it mean?
Jim31370

My problem is that the phone never actually boots to a point I can access the Hard Reset from the operating system. It has a black screen with zebra stripes stating "updating modem do not remove battery" That stays up for about 15-20 seconds then the phone reboots to the verizon logo then back to the "updating modem" screen, it will stay in this loop until the battery dies or indefinitely if the charger is plugged in.

What I need the the key code to hold on boot up to cancel the "Update Modem" function which will allow the phone to start it's operating system allowing me to not only reset the phone but to set the "Automatic update" function to OFF. then the phone will no longer try to update the modem in the future.

Someone posted an address to a SHARP contract company who claim that they could reset the phone but it would lose all data. This poster never updated to say if they got their phone back, if it worked, and if what the charge was.

The problem I have is that I really like the phone (no data plan required, but has a nice camera and FM tuner, and MP3 player, basically all I want in a mobile device).

I have tried to update the phone from my computer, it sees it as a device but will not allow me to update drivers or do anything with it since it never stays active more than about 25 seconds.

Thank you

0 Likes