Re: Do not let tech support replace your Thunderbolt.
Tidbits
Legend

Some of the apps are from the manufacturer and not the carrier.  It's easier pointing the finger at the carriers, but that's how we get great subsidization on some of these devices.  A lot of these apps take up very little resources.  I believe only the games on the thunderbolt is greater than 10MB.  Well VZnav is that large as well...  Most are negligable.  A lot of them don't even take up 7-8MB of ram at startup combined.

The way Android works especially when you don't use the "bloat" they'll get shut down and reloaded when the OS doesn't need the ram anymore.  So if your OS needs that 7-8MB of ram then it will get it to run what you need to run.  What actually takes up most of the ram is Sense...  I believe that accounts for 40MB of the total usage(Have to remember 128MB is partitioned off for the GPU I believe not 100% positive).

SeanNM wrote:

I think it's unfortunate people are having problems with the TB.  I think that can be said with every phone. Hopefully as time goes on, these glitches are ironned out.  I've had mine for a little over a month and the only problem..well glitch.. is that sometime on my weather window on the main screen it gives me the weather of another city...one time (I'm in NM) it gave me weather for Miami and even synced my time to Miami (counted three times but corrects itself).  As far as third party apps, I think we should have a choice of the apps that are put on the phone.  I haven't used blockbuster or that golf game and it is frustrating that we as the owner of the phone can not delete those.  I know CS will tell us that everyone phone has to be the same in theroy for them to keep things stable but maybe some of the Verizon pushed third party apps could really be taken off and help the phone perform better. 

That's my opinion.. 

0 Likes