Re: Do not let tech support replace your Thunderbolt.
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Filosophic1 wrote:

I hate to complain, but this has become totally unacceptable.  I have not altered in any way, shape or form, the original programming of my Thunderbolt.  i.e., it has not been rooted.  I downloaded the OTA update, and have been miserable ever since.  Aside from the constant rebooting, (approximately 8 times today so far), after some of the reboots, I have no internet connection whatsoever, and have to do ANOTHER manual reboot to get my data connection back.  At 5-10 minutes per reboot, and a loss of battery power with each reboot, this has gotten past the point of being ridiculous.  A GPS receiver that is semi-accurate at best, a mobile hotspot that can barely go more than a hour without constantly connecting and disconnecting, and absolutely no real help from tech support.  I'm sorry, but the solution to these problems has to be better than:  1.  Pull your battery.  2. Do a master reset.  3.  Do another factory reset. 

For the price paid for these devices, I expect something a little better for my hard earned money.  Having to wipe all data from my phone, and then going through the pain in the neck of having to re-download and install the apps that I had installed previously gets old after awhile.  And I for one refuse to send in a phone that I paid for, and got brand new, for a "Like New Phone"  i.e., a used phone, that could or could not be in worse shape than the phone I already own.  I know that I take meticulous care of my phones, and I for one will not accept someone else's cast off phone, no matter how shiny it is. 

That's my $.02 Verizon....having been a loyal customer for more years than I can begin to count, it's time for you guys to step up to the plate.

Your problem is right there in your second paragraph. It's an app that's ruining your phone. Remove all your apps, and do NOT re-download them. I think you'll find it runs a lot smoother

0 Likes