Significant Performance Issues after last update
taddlock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since 2/18 update this HTCPerformance:

• Phone simply locks up in most applications after about 9-10 functions deep
  • the "back" arrow is non-functional
  • when locked up, applications are easily unlocked by pressing the power button to sleep, then again to wake ... but doing this for every application is asking a lot
  • camera ... this feature was darn good and now it's darn bad ... when it's not locking up, it can't focus well and the video function starts, stops, restarts, and repeats on it's own.
  • Battery life ... what the heck, maybe I'm shutting it down and starting it up so much it's killing it, but I don't expect to go from 24 hrs of use to about 3 hrs even with the problems
  • it's a phone after all, and yes, these performance issues strike at the core functionality of this once great unit.  People cannot hear me and I get to hear them fade in and out at a 5 sec cycle to the point I call them back on my landline (didn't know I still had one. huh!)
  • screen swipe down ... get's you there, then locks up ... every-single-time
  • downloaded files ... where have my recently downloaded files gone?  They show complete, but where are they at ... another mystery

and, finally, the last question ... how's does this happen?  These issues were noticed the morning after the update ... had this gone through any respectable quality audits these issues would have appeared ... correct?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Significant Performance Issues after last update
taddlock
Enthusiast - Level 2

... Is there anyway to revert back to the previous version?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

taddlock wrote:

... Is there anyway to revert back to the previous version?

No.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Short answer to question #2 is No.  I have to assume that the last update you installed was 4.3 or Kitkat.  There are quite a few here on this forum especially the S4 side that are having numerous problems after loading up 4.3. Its a hit or miss sort of thing.  I have the S4 and installed 4.3 a couple of weeks ago and have not experienced any problems. If you haven't tried to boot up in safe mode, do it.  If some of the problems go away then you have some conflicting apps.  The last option is doing a factory data reset, This has cleared out some problems for a few people but there are many more where this didn't help.

taddlock
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset ... and now the phone is no longer a phone.  Functionality comes in 5 second increments and plenty of off/on's

HTC One update = FAIL

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

My HTC One, after update to KitKat, is NOT experiencing these problems. Smiley Happy