Kit Kat Destroy's HTC One....
soldierone
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Kit Kat update was out for months, but supposedly Verizon was testing it to make sure it functioned right.... so you would expect it to be fine. Nope.

Installed Kit Kat update and now almost everything on this phone is unstable, mostly un usable in every way.... People can barely hear you when talking, speakers sound like crap, text messages randomly glitch out and won't send, games are having massive unstable issues (even the simplistic Flappy Bird won't run right anymore), and my camera is all kinds of weird now too (for some reason in dark areas it turns purple) and along with all that, a lot of the software features HTC put in the One are all gone too (no smiles from HTC, can't post to Facebook from the home screen, etc)

The worst part is the data and software issues the update has. I can't load images, a lot of web pages get stuck, and GPS is wonky. Even on wi fi..... Plus all the color indicators of the icons are all gone, can't tell if battery level is almost dead or not for example.

I thought it was weird that it rearranged my apps, but figured it was just the useless Verizon stuff that re activated after the update (like usual), but no, it literally had to re arranged everything for some reason.....

I was excited for Kit Kat, but how do I downgrade because this update sucks and made my phone crap.....