Re: HTC Thunderbolt continuously drops all data.
phcoffin

Similar issue and similar timeframe: sometime in May/early June was the beginning. When it happens, the 4G/LTE indicator goes away, leaving just the signal bars and the location service indicator. All data connections fail, but the applications don't seem to know that there's no data connection -- they time out connection attempts instead of immdiately reporting problems as they do when "Airplane Mode" is on. After some time (usually 15-45 seconds, but can be several minutes) it comes back and signs back into the data network normally. It does NOT fall back to 3G/1x. Phone connectivity seem to still work, but I've not tested whether call initiation works during this, only that I don't ever get a call dropped during periods when this is happening often. Elsewhere has suggested that there is a problem with what the phone does when looking for remembered wifi locations, but I have not tested this either. Sometime when I experience this, I'll try turning wifi off and see if LTE stays up like it should. (Anyone with more gumption should feel free to try it and append to the thread with their findings.)

0 Likes