Re: ICS UPDATE FOR HTC REZOUND
glockberg
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, HTC did give a roll out date in an official email, not some doctored fake like the Best Buy release and this last Verizon one. HTC said Jun/Jul. Well, tomorrow is August. One of the reasons that I picked the Rezound over the Razor or the even the Samsun Nexus II was the hardware and the fact that ICS was expected before April. It is one of the best pieces of hardware and ICS would only enhance the operation and battery life. While I am happy with the device, I would have either waited or picked up the Nexus II.  HTC and Verizon sold the phone with an expected delivery of ICS in the first quarter. Third quarter going on four.

I hate repeating myself, but what the heck. We contract with Verizon, not HTC and not Google. They are the carrier and it is their responsibility and no one elses to address their customers concerns and ensure that the promises made are kept. Even if technical issues outside of Verizon's control exist, there is no reason that they cannot communicate the status to their paying customers. I spend $300 a month for my family's phones and then pile FIOS on top of it. Frankly, if they want to keep their high quarterly earning reports glowing, they need to do a better job of customer relations. I am not talking about the customer is always right. But, the customer is always the customer.