Since I have a Google Pixel Verizon Messages+ is not syncing with other devices
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

This problem is driving me nuts and I'm not finding an answer for it.  I have a Google Pixel, I have Verizon Messages+ installed on it, and it downloads messages fine, and sends messages sent to me fine.  I have my Verizon Cloud installed in it, and have it back up my messages, etc. hourly from my cell. 

I have Verizon Messages+ installed in a Windows laptop, 2 Windows desktop PC's, and a Ipad tablet.  All these device are in sync and show both messages I send and receive.  But, it seems like there is no syncing going on with the Google Pixel, except it gets all messages I receive.  However if I send out any messages to someone from the devices of Windows laptop, 2 Windows desktop PC's and a Ipad tablet., none of these messages I send out from those devices show up in the Google Pixel Verizon Messages+.  It's like the Google Pixel is not syncing in with the Verizon Cloud.  How do I fix this?  I tried lots of settings, but by Google Pixel seems to be in it's own little word with Verizon Message+.  Yet it I check the devices list, it knows they are there.  Sync Over WiFi Only is turned off.

Then the other issue I have with Verizon Message+ on the Google Pixel, is the last two updates of Message+  Now everytime I reboot my cell I have to restart Messaging, it keeps asking me for Public profile but will never save it.  Then if I pick the option to send an error report, then submit it, it goes to my Contact list and wants me to pick one of MY Own Contacts to send the error report too!  I have tried uninstalling messages+, then shut down and reboot, and reinstall, and that does not help.  Verizon Messages+ in this cell phone is disgusting!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Since I have a Google Pixel Verizon Messages+ is not syncing with other devices
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Verizon Messages application set as the default messaging application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Since I have a Google Pixel Verizon Messages+ is not syncing with other devices
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe, this is the steps: Setup>>Apps>>Gear Icon>>SMSapp>>Verizon Cloud is set as default.  Otherwise, I have not found anyplace else to make it default.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is the right path however you have the Verizon Cloud set as default instead of the Verizon Messages+ application

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

I apologize, I should of wrote as a note to myself.  It was and is Setup>>Apps>>Gear Icon>>SMSapp>>Messages+ and I still have the problem.  Also very annoying, that the last two updates of Messages+ from the Google store, keep prompting me every time I reboot the phone, it goes through Messages+ Startup, then prompts me to put in my ID, then when I do and save it, it never does and next time, next time, next time, saved same thing.  I know longer save, but it won't keep the setting where I don't want the ID either.  If I try to send a "Report a Bug", through Message+, write it up and press "Send", it then takes me to my Contact List to pick someone from that to send the report to, instead of sending to support or whoever it should have!  Frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how this can be a frustrating situation. Let's figure out what is going on with your Message+ application. Since this started, have you tried clearing the cache and cookies of the application? Have you tried doing a force stop? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
NDboots
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, have cleared the cache, not cookies, I have no idea how to clear cookies for Messages+.  Yes have done forced stop.  Yes uninstalled, shut down, rebooted, reinstalled the app.

I'm sick of Google, especially after the new Oreo update.  90+ of my correct 128+ contact list was showing in my Google contacts.  Verizon Cloud has my correct contact list and correct messages+ backup.  Verizon Cloud allows me to turn off/on backing up music, contact list, messages+, photos, etc.  Google does not allow that, and simply warps backup of my Contact List, and goes out of sync with messages+ concerning my other devices, because they all sync in with Verizon Cloud.  GOOGLE DOES NOT!  I want to be able to turn off GOOGLE from my Contact list and Messages+.  All it does is cost me hours of trying to straighten out the mess it makes.  BUT GOOGLE WILL NOT LET ME TURN OFF IT'S DEFAULT TO "CONTROL" BOTH.  After the Orea update, only about 2/3 of my Contact List of 128 would show up, of which about only 90+ would show on th online Google Contact list.  This was two days after the update and a few attempts to sync.

Today I wanted to phone my husband, and he was not on the cells contact list, even though he is on the Google list!  It just would not sync!  So, I downloaded my correct Verizon contact list, deleted the Google online list that was missing about 30 contacts, deleted the cells contact list that was missing about 70 contacts.  Then copied over the correct Verizon list to online Google.  In an hour it finally sync on the cell, even though I asked it to sync a couple times sooner.  Now I'm missing all my photo ID's and group sorts, which is all sitting correct in the Verizon Cloud and could download/sync if it were not for Google blocking that by making itself the default with no option to use some other cloud that would not be so FUSTRATING!

0 Likes